Stop the clock!............ Well it has!!

silvia14

Club Member (Trial)
The clock in my Super S has strangely stopped working! I've checked all the fuses and they seem ok and the ciggy lighter still works which are normally on the same circuit I believe? I also don't have a fuse diagram so I just checked all of them.

Ide like to get it working as it's the only bit on the car that doesn't work now :-(

Could the actual clock unit in the dash cluster be at fault and can it be replaced separately?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

my one messd up dispeard altogether for a few weeks then showed up again?
i was trying to wire the set ,thats when it messed up for a while
disconect battery few hours

You mean the display that shows the clock? Is it the pre-facelift one? Like mine here: http://www.forum.nissan-si.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1846&start=100 ?

I had a problem sometime ago with my clock in the gauge cluster. The clock every now and then disappeared and when it came back it reset on 1:00 :down:
It was annoying and i wanted to fix it. I fixed the problem by simply replacing the clock circuit and till now it works perfectly (Y)

Cheers,

Alex

Sorry for butting in, but... I have the same problem on my pre-facelift. Have googled and searched hi and low, to find out the name/type of the component, one need to replace. Could you help me out, please. As I must admit that I don´t understand your language, I can only use the pics in your link. They did help me but the type/name of component is what I really need.

could this be a possible dry solder joint thingy, wonder if its similar to the afm as theres always hot air from the heater to dry it out over a period of time?

Read in a thread here on MSC, that it is a condensator (or something, some small electronic bit), that almost in-evitable will "die" in time. Start leaking I think it was. And desoldering this, and putting a new on, is all it takes. But could really use the name/type/number of the component. And can´t find the thread at the moment, either. Do remember though, that the one who gave the info, wrote that he would do a "how-to", on the procedure... If only I new what component to buy, I would write a "how-to", when I fix mine....

not working as in not showing anything? if you tap the instrument cluster does it come back on, but reset to 1.00?

its a bad connection in the cluster if it does,

Hey Lads, Having a kinda similar problem on my 93' SLX.

My clock was working fine as I drove to a mates house yesterday, was running a bit late so was checking it quite a bit. Noticed on my way home that it said 5:34am, which I was sure it wasn't even glanced across at my phone which confirmed it was infact 1:13.

Anyway, I came to move it this afternoon so that my dad could look at my door seals (a different story, for a different thread) and noticed that this morning the clock had gone all together, so we had a crack at bringing it back. Tried looking for a fuse that might have blown, Took the dashboard casing off and checked for loose connections. We found nothing and it's still not working.

Was just wondering wether anyone had figured it out yet! Our plan now is to pop down to a scrap yard and steal the dashboard off another K11 / strip the clock from it. But will keep you posted.

Sorry for butting in, but... I have the same problem on my pre-facelift. Have googled and searched hi and low, to find out the name/type of the component, one need to replace. Could you help me out, please. As I must admit that I don´t understand your language, I can only use the pics in your link. They did help me but the type/name of component is what I really need.

Sorry mate i dont know the name/type of the component. I just noticed that this item: http://www.shrani.si/?m/KQ/3YHZcXKR/18122008670.jpg needed resoldering, but i got myself a new gauge cluster and just replaced the whole clock circuit. This item is probably a capacitor hehe. In my case, the problem wasnt a bad conenction in the gauge cluster itself but the clock circuit needed resoldering in some places as few electric components were almost losen from the circuit itself :laugh:

cheers for the advice guys........... looks like ill be looking for another gauge cluster then! :doh:

What models had the in dash clocks (yes its a prefacelift model) other than the Super S? Annoyingly I just sold a complete Super S cluster but it would be a shame to waste that one just for a clock!

cheers

cheers for the advice guys........... looks like ill be looking for another gauge cluster then! :doh:

What models had the in dash clocks (yes its a prefacelift model) other than the Super S? Annoyingly I just sold a complete Super S cluster but it would be a shame to waste that one just for a clock!

cheers

I think it's all but the L but don't quote me on that as I'm not definate. My SLX has one (which has broken! like stated above), and my parents used to have an LX which I'm pretty sure had one too. I have the original 1993 Micra brochure lying around so if I see it I'll have a flick through for you.

Back