Clock Backlight Not Working!!!

this has been bugging me for a while as at night it is impossible to tell the time unless there is a light shining on the clock.

the digits show fine and dont lose track but the backlight is not working 1 bit.

i have taken the dash off and have changed the bulbs but the bulb at the bottom of the unit is not lighting at all.

i have also check that it is not a pole problem and have tried the bulb both ways to make sure that i have found the correct + & - terminals of the LED.

i have also found that the clock has 2 missing pins in the back, reading from left to right at the back it is pin 2 & 4

pics are included.

please can someone help as i really need to know what time it is at night and dont fancy wiring another light to shine on the dash so i can see the clock. :D

cheers

stew

I don't really see why yours doesn't work? you have tried another bulb though haven't you. and turned the plastic 180' to make sure?

Another test you could do is the 'wiggle' test. By Wigging the wires at the bulb end, then the other. Could be a broken wire, or it might of been pulled out of position.

As an aside, if some cars have those all glass bulbs, slightly bend the tangs outwards, it'll be a tighter fit in the holder which stops the bulb from vibrating and inevitably blowing..

I am not an electrician, I'm a Taxi driver...

I don't really see why yours doesn't work? you have tried another bulb though haven't you. and turned the plastic 180' to make sure?
yep, tried bulb in both ways and tried the holder both ways as well, so tried 4 combinations in total.

Another test you could do is the 'wiggle' test. By Wigging the wires at the bulb end, then the other. Could be a broken wire, or it might of been pulled out of position.

As an aside, if some cars have those all glass bulbs, slightly bend the tangs outwards, it'll be a tighter fit in the holder which stops the bulb from vibrating and inevitably blowing..

I am not an electrician, I'm a Taxi driver...

havent tried wiggling the bulb yet, they are LEDs are they are quite a snug fit in the holders. Have tried about 3 bulbs in the socket, 2 of which i 100% know work as i pulled them out of one of the light holes and put them into the clock one but still nothing :(

Anyone else have any ideas of why this ain't working?? All
The other bulbs work, but just not that one. I think it is something to do with my ecu, as I have tried it withy other set of dials (original ones which came with the car as the ones in now are from a super s and my car is a vibe) but the clock backlight doesn't work on them either

Also should all the pins in the back be there as both my dials are missing at least 1 pin

Back