Clock not working :(

Okay i have a 1.0 L It has the basic clocks, so no rev counter or an actual clock etc. So went down the scrappy found a vibe that has the same clocks but it has a trip computer and and actual clock. So did the swap okay but the clock doesnt work, i have took it all apart and seen there is no actual battery for it so i take it it runs off the car battery. Any ideas on why its not working? Is it a common problem? It will just bug me with it being there and not working!

This happened to my SLX, the clock went all funny one evening about a week after I got my license and started showing a time that was out by about 4 hours even though I was sure it was right earlier in the day, went down the next morning to change it and the little digital display showed nothing at all. Unfortunately I never got round to thinking up a way to fix it, my plan was just to get another set of dials and swap the clock bit over.

But yeah, you're not alone with that problem, if you do a quick search you'll find an entire thread on it, Johnbr6 has my dials now and the clock is still not working, it doesn't bug him half as much as it did me haha.

Does the none clock dash loom have a live built in to run the clock? If not can't you just run a live from a permanent live somewhere or the fuse box

Im not sure if it does tbh, the pins from the back of clock go into the connector on the loom. I need to have a closer look i think and get an interior wiring diagram.

You tried tapping it ? Lol my k11 si does that on a cold morning totally blank then give it a few taps and the lcd shows up eventually

Back