Headunit & Digital Clock ....

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Which electricial system does the K10 digital clock and head unit come under on the fuse block? Is it the same one that does the ciggy lighter socket or something else

Cheers guys

Well i thought they might be linked, but my cig socket works fine but the others dont. I just checked the fuses and the 'Horn / Hazards' one had blown. I changed that and the stereo is now back :)

Same here, i think that's normal! but so does my head unit and digi clock, so i thought they were all linked on a switched live or something :)

Nothing worse than dodgey wiring! Anyway, it's all good now, let's hope it stays that way!

I'm tempted to remove all the wiring I've done and re-do it properly now I have the time, it's only the whole fog circuit, stereo and neons. I want to get a second fog for the bumper to replace the reflector thing, has this been done? Although I think the reflector is an MOT thing...

Also fuses don't pop for no reason, find the fault.

Reflectors on the light clusters would be good enough for the MOT. Dual fogs has been done, but it blew the bloke's fuse and caused him other problems. Can't remember what exactly.

I also have two fogs, but one isnt wired up. If i was to do mine, i'd probably give it a new live & earth and change the original one to run off that, instead of through the fuse panel.

Anything new should have it's own system made up for it really, it just causes less problems in the long run.

ok thnx I'll leave it then, lol. I'm too lazy to make a new ciircuit, I might increase the wire size and up the fuse rating.

Back