Stolen Super S - Sheffield

Some lovely person has stolen my car overnight. She was parked in front of my house, with a steering lock on.

She's a K reg Super S in red, with rat decals all over the back. She has Vauxhall nova alloy wheels and an induction kit (whatever that is) fitted. The front driver's side foglight is smashed, from the bonnet dropping o_O the passenger door is levered at the top from the last time someone tried to break into her and there is a dent in the boot from where a parking post has jumped up and bitten her. She also had the steering column cowling in the front passenger footwell, as i'd just replaced the wiper control unit and it was too dark to put the cowling back on.

Can people please keep an eye out for me, she's worth next to nothing as a car, but it's my wheels, and i have become quite attached to the old bird. To be honest, i reckon she will be stripped down for parts, so if anyone sees parts advertised local to me, please let me know, as I have a baseball bat with the robbing bastard's name written on it.

It's been reported to the police, and has been circulated on Facebook, but i thought this would be the best place to post.

Sadly I'm nowhere near Sheffield to help you out.

I'm sure some people here are and will keep a beady eye out.

Unfortunately I don't think it will be stripped for parts, they're not highly desirable nor rare, I have an inkling this was just a joyride by some worthless scum.

Sorry for your loss and do hope you are reunited very soon.

Yeah, not that rare, but try getting a replacement fog light for a Super S! ;)
Thankyou though, i really want her back, i've no idea how i'm going to get to work without a car!

i am so sorry to hear this story. it was happen to my mate who lost his n range micra 1.0 (someone stole his micra). its been about 5months so no news from police atm. it might be stripped out :S

there are some members in Sheffield so i hope they will find out for you.

have you got pics so we can keep our eyes on this car/parts. everyday i always check parts from internet so i will find it for you.

i am so sorry to hear this story. it was happen to my mate who lost his n range micra 1.0 (someone stole his micra). its been about 5months so no news from police atm. it might be stripped out :S

there are some members in Sheffield so i hope they will find out for you.

have you got pics so we can keep our eyes on this car/parts. everyday i always check parts from internet so i will find it for you.

Aye even a scratch or a dent could help us identify parts - it's just a Micra so I'm unsure if it'll be stripped but if it ends up that way the bumpers could end up being posted on here as they're pretty sought after...

it will have just got weighed in by pikies, thats what happened to my blue one (and they came back for the white one, but could,nt break the steering lock to roll it down the hill)
scrap metal theft is easy money nowadays, and questions are,nt asked at the weighbridge if the car is 15yrs +

I'm in Walkley - it was stolen from the top of Cromwell Street sometime between 7pm and 9am. I work for the police (ironically in the crime recording bureau, so one of my colleagues took my call this morning), so i know they aren't looking for it.. haha.
I do have some pics somewhere, but they aren't really recent. I hope these links work:
That's the side of the car - you can see the decals on the side
557255_710273486848_1163148835_n.jpg

This is the damage to the boot (before i put the decals on)
304990_700881124218_294936835_n.jpg

it will have just got weighed in by pikies, thats what happened to my blue one (and they came back for the white one, but could,nt break the steering lock to roll it down the hill)
scrap metal theft is easy money nowadays, and questions are,nt asked at the weighbridge if the car is 15yrs +
Sounds like you know Sheffield well Frank! :(

I probably have more pics, but i've got to get my arse on a bus to try and sort out a new car and my expiring driving licence, so will look when i get home

I've rung all the breakers yards and metal merchants i could find on the internet, and they are keeping an eye out - I've also got police, bus drivers and local garages looking out for it.
I'm buggered if they've taken it out of S yorks though. It had a full tank of petrol in, so it could be anywhere really. I'm surprised they would have managed to get the crook lock off though, half of the time i can't even get it off with the bloody key!

there is another way too.

if someone stole you car so this person will keep this car in hidden place for more than one year. they will wait for stolen case to be dismiss. then they can drive after when they change v5 or sell it to someone

it was happen to my aunty who got vw passat turbo diesel 2005. she was soooooo patient. her stolen case was about to close but she asked police for extra another 2 months which is 14months. police caught this car and thief so they gave back to my aunty. my aunty was so pleased then she sold this car later on.

Aye even a scratch or a dent could help us identify parts - it's just a Micra so I'm unsure if it'll be stripped but if it ends up that way the bumpers could end up being posted on here as they're pretty sought after...

scratch or dent.. it could be cos it will be easier to spot it. it can be strip out then seize any cars straight away. car theives, they are very smart or dumb sometimes

Breakers yard do not speak. I wrote off my nordic primera, stripped it and it got left outside my mates workshop so i can phone a scrapyard to pick it up. But my mate had already dealt with the scrapping behind my back so i asked where my car was at the scrapyard and they said it was crushed at a place id already called to see if they had done so and they said no! Dodgy business it is

its mad, this cars clean and look the,,,, wheels go so well on him. WHY,,,,,,, dont people alarm they car,at least micras :)

Where I live there is talk of getting a lynch mob together with the amount of vehicle crime going on at the moment. Not so much vehicles being stolen but getting broken into regularly. :(

dam shame crime is created or allowed to flourish to control the populations of the globe today previous days and it would seem always (r-reg-sermon delivery systems ltd,)

My car was most definitely not actually clean when it was stolen.... I wouldn't have the first clue how to alarm a car - and seeing as it had a steering lock on it, there's not much more i could do. Everyone ignores alarms anyway, just get pissed off when they go off all the time. I'm assuming i'm not going to see her again to be honest. The mechanic i was booked in to see today about sorting the cowling and the danglyplasticbit (tm) that was hanging off the bottom of the car has just suggested that she may have been stolen to order for banger racing. If someone was able to get the steering lock off, they took bolt cutters, and that means they've had an eye on it for a while.

And believe me, if i find the scrotes that took her, they won't be walking anytime soon.

*nothing to do with me, police staff definitely don't advocate violence*

Cheers :) I think the previous owner is going to come on here and post all the technical gubbins he did under the bonnet that i don't understand, but might make sense to some of you!

Lilatron said:
Anyone got one they are selling for 50p? Lol.. it's about all i can stretch to.
I have been offered a KA... :eek:

A 1.3 Endura-E by any chance ?

The worst creation ever.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Probably, all i know is that it's an x reg, was used by an old man, and has been sat on someone's drive since he died. Brakes have siezed and it needs a new battery and MOTing. They only want £50 for it though.
I will get it, get it sorted and sell it on i reckon. I have actually become quite enamoured with micras :oops:

It gets worse, it's actually V reg, and is all rotten around the petrol cap - which probably means the sills need welding too..
But it's now mine, for the princely sum of £50.. so i can't moan i guess!

It gets worse, it's actually V reg, and is all rotten around the petrol cap - which probably means the sills need welding too..
But it's now mine, for the princely sum of £50.. so i can't moan i guess!
Not bad £50!

This is the KA?

You should check the rear arches, like the Mk4 Fiestas, they rot out.

Yeah, the KA. It's more than likely going to be a heap of **** that will be scrapped straight away.. but i'd get more for weighing it in than i paid for it, so not really going to be losing out :)

Sorry to hear about your car on the missing list.
I hear that Micra engines are desirable by some exporters.Not sure what they do with them tho one of my Kenyan Indian friends says they use them to power their boats back home.Strange that they are suddenly going missing tho,no one was interested till very recently.Previously the rough ones used to get weighed in with the running gear.
Hope it turns up anyway.

I quite like the decal of the rat leaning against the light! I assume you're into rodents? :p I've got a couple of hamsters myself!

Anyway, sorry to hear the car's been stolen, unfortunately Super S's don't tend to have immobilisers so provided they can get the lock off they're pretty easy to nick.

If you were looking for a new Micra, try and get one from about 97 onwards as they will at least have NATS (Nissan Anti-Theft System) - the equivalent top spec is a 1.3 SR.

James.

p.s. Like your rat stickers..You keep pet rats? I had some years ago,loved them.Intelligent little creatures.Never once got bitten :)

I've got 35 of them ;) I breed them to sell and show. I like the fact they nicely covered up the parking post 'ding' ;)
Yeah, this car didn't have NATS, but did have a steering 'crook lock' type thing on it. I wish i'd kept up with the unplugging the distributor thing i was doing when i first got it :(

I've got 35 of them ;) I breed them to sell and show. I like the fact they nicely covered up the parking post 'ding' ;)
Yeah, this car didn't have NATS, but did have a steering 'crook lock' type thing on it. I wish i'd kept up with the unplugging the distributor thing i was doing when i first got it :(
You could have even just taken the fuel pump fuse out of the fusebox, really easy to do and not worth them risking trying to diagnose why it won't start! In fact, it would probably start and then cut out as soon as they tried to drive away!

Sorry, I went all professor hindsight there! So are you sticking with the KA or are you on the lookout again?

I have rats too...in the freezer for my snake :rolleyes: I have an alarm, stoplock and a 'removable part' ;) to immobilise it Can't be too careful.

Back