Standard air box

henryb102

Ex. Club Member
Just replaced the induction with my standard air filter to save petrol for this weekends USC Show!! Took it for a spin lastnight, and although I missed the noise and echoes through local villages, the petrol gauge didn't move a muscle!!

Thought i'd hijack this thread instead of starting a new one as its related..

Can i run a cold air feed into my standard air box? Hear all the time about cold air feeds going to filters but is it basically the same with the air box?

will probabaly be replacing panel filter element for a less restrictive one at some point too

cheers

i have a cold air feed into my standard air box on the k10! plus the K&N air filter in there gives it a little more roar than standard too! :grinning:

Thought i'd hijack this thread instead of starting a new one as its related..

Can i run a cold air feed into my standard air box? Hear all the time about cold air feeds going to filters but is it basically the same with the air box?

will probabaly be replacing panel filter element for a less restrictive one at some point too

cheers

nissan fitted us a coldair feed (and no-doubt spent many dyno-hours optimising its size/length/resonator for "drivabilty") you could try a bigger one for more top-end (but you might gain some flatspots tho ?) :)

ah okay cheers frank, i thought the stock air feed was some sort of restriction but mainly i like the new grumble sound :p

it may well be restictive, the factory would rather we did,nt thrash the engine tho eh :wasntme: (until its out of warranty)

Back