Almera air box for a 1.3L

I have looked at the threads relating to Almera/Primera air box's but am confused as the comments often relate to the type of engine rather more than exact model of car.

I have been offered a 2000/2001 1.5 Almera air box for £25 posted. Is this the correct one. Some air boxes I have seen have looked like a larger version of the Micra, others look quite different, large lumpy contraptions!

I need help as the guy selling is foriegn and does not have a clue about cars and its proving awkward sorting it all out!

I was then thinking of fitting a larger air supply to a panel filter. Is it needed or is a slighly modded standard supply ok? If its to be a new one which is the best, and where to get it?

Thank You

Nigel

Thank you both for your help, I am now a little wiser, but what really need is along the lines of "Primera 1600+2000 92-96, Almera 1400 98-2002" etc

The "N15" engine type info whilst no doubt correct, does not really help as I do not know what one looks like and what years it was fitted to. I find myself knowing more than the people breaking the cars I stumble on so they are of little help.

I knew what the air box I am after looks like, like yours Eliot, but not what they are fitted to! I am drawing a blank locally where I coud just go and look and at a distance I need to know what model as a "bigger version of a micra K11" is not exact enough!

Thank you

Nigel

Wack this into ebay. NISSAN ALMERA N15 1995-2000 1.4 AIR FILTER BOX

This is exatly what you want - and for that price it should come with the piping and air filter.

Hope it helps(Y)

It appears there is just more to this than just buying an Almera N15 airbox. I now have an air box which looks like a larger micra box. The new air filter I bought does not fit, its for a 1.4/1.6 and is slightly too big. Its difficult to sort out perhaps I have a box for a 2.0? The air box hose also has an expansion box and a two holes in the side. Is this the correct one for my needs and do I remove the expension box and just tape up the holes? Franks comments sen elsewhere make no mention of this, have I bought a turkey?

I bought my 1995 1.6 almera airbox off ebay..it came with just the box and air filter................In any motor factors you can buy 60mm diamiter silver ducting pipe wich is big enough to clamp on the end of the almera air box and source cold air from either behind the battery or beside the radiator.

Here is a picture of mine fitted.

Picture011.jpg

It appears there is just more to this than just buying an Almera N15 airbox. I now have an air box which looks like a larger micra box. The new air filter I bought does not fit, its for a 1.4/1.6 and is slightly too big. Its difficult to sort out perhaps I have a box for a 2.0? The air box hose also has an expansion box and a two holes in the side. Is this the correct one for my needs and do I remove the expension box and just tape up the holes? Franks comments sen elsewhere make no mention of this, have I bought a turkey?

you just have to shorten the CAI pipe (100mm) and twist the little mounting bracket a bit (so that it lines up with the original 10mm bolthole on the suspension turret)

like so :grinning: (if you want to keep it stock looking and insurance friendly)
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC11342.JPG
    SDC11342.JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 3,365
Hi all. I am selling my 1.6 primera/almera air box with all parts and for £10 more you can have the modified carbon cannister bracket so the bigger airbox will fit on the micra.

Total price including bracket and green air filter - £50

fh-5

does the almera airbox jobby also work on the 1.0l micra? like do you just put a k&n filter in the almera air box and some phat hoses?

Yep, you could put a K&N or even a standard GA16 filter in. Either would be a benefit over the stock system. :)

The flange portion is original from GA16...and the bottom part from the CG10/13?
Was just glued together and done?

looks good,but i have do know that :D
the snorkel is all GA sven, with a section cut out (and that section was heated up to swell the ends for a snug fit) :)

the snorkel is all GA sven, with a section cut out (and that section was heated up to swell the ends for a snug fit) :)

oh...okay,good thanks mate I try this :confused::D
...cut the original GA snorkel and tinker me out of it.

I have, everything I need... ;)

imag1149co8ms6jvnx.jpg

Back