Oil on air filter, what could it be?

This is state my air filter is on. I dont know how old it is, but i'd say it has too much oil on it.
1666811018477.png

I took the dipstick out when running and no smoke or oil came out. I didn't know if I should let the car heat up first so i did it cold... The oil level was ok.
My educated guess would be busted piston rings but all i know is theory and really hope it isnt the case as I don't have the confidence or the know how to replace them and what it envolves.
The dog confirms the petrol smell and became cross eyed after smelling it. I'm don't approve drug use in my household and it breaks my heart seeing my dog high.

Has anyone came across this (the oil on filter, not having a dog high as balls :ROFLMAO:)?

Check the pcv valves are not blocked and the breather hoses.
Within the air filter box there should be a pcv filter. This is about 1"x 1/2" white (probably black now!) slotted in. It could well be missing and this will let oil into the filter housing.

Might be a a bit clogged, the spring moved quite freely but I cleaned it nonetheless. I've ordered a new air filter and will check again if it was fixed! Thank you for your input Alex!
1666899555922.png

Back