sr20buds project (Y)

kev you are a star thankyou mate (Y) i was down the other day trying to find the lives from the wiring diagram but no joy lol. i have just modified the nats loom as it was already in place i think a couple of wires need linking but going off the diagrams its all good. i just need to pick up the ecu from the breakers. i do have a sr20 ecu i took off my old sunny before i got rid of it im wondering if it will work? as it has the same plug.

engine mounts are k11 cg10 box mounts, ma front mount, and k11 drivers mount which i think i will go back to my other idea for that drivers mount as superls cant do a drivers mount for me.

frank its the cg10 box pre 98 but i couldn't see this roll pin i think i need to push the car out and get some light under it to see properly. should they all have roll pins? i dont have the best eyes in the world lol so i really need to have a good look.

cam cover is all painted but its got a crap finish lol but it will do for now. i will get some more pics tomorrow.

cheers again (Y)

couldn't do jaff all today wind was mental down here couldn't even keep the garage door open as i have to prop it open with a rake handle :laugh: bit dangerous really. anyway i have a change of heart about the loom i double checked the diagrams and the modification i have done to the nats loom is wrong and i cant be bothered trying to sort it so i am off to the breakers tomorrow morning and getting the pre-nats loom and ecu the reason i dint get it to start with is i was hungover to hell and forgot :wasntme: so i just modified the non nats one as it was already in place.

are the pumps on vauxhalls out of tank pumps? if so would it be ok to use 2 (one for the swirlpot feed and one for the rail feed)?

cheers.

You need a low pressure pump for carbs to feed the swirl pot and an injection pump to feed the rail. I tried using 2 high pressure pumps and the one feeding the swirl pot kept burning out, killed 3 xr4i pumps iirc.

You can get cheap red top pumps off of ebay.

Early vauxhall have external pumps like cavalier sorta age

sweet ill have a quick look on ebay now i may as well cause i think it will be running before the end of next week if i can get a pump quick enough lol did you say yours run threw a relay kev?

also im thinking im gonna have to use k11 radiator pipes?

quick pick of the cam cover painted sort of :wasntme: i really needs doing again. got the wiring and ecu just need to wire it up now.
2v8k0eo.jpg
[/IMG]

right peeps ive got the loom hooked up haven't got the pump's yet but i tipped some petrol do the tb tonight and she wont start at first it sounded like she was gonna fire but when it came to it the battery started to die silly me left a dizzy wire off :laugh: will it fire like this? (chucking petrol down the tb) i just wanna know before i move on.

right battery charged tried turning the engine a few times still not starting. it has no manifold on at the min so could the missing lambada (if ive spelt it right :wasntme:) have anything to do with this? im sure i started my sunny without one.

the other things im thinking is the black one way valve thing on the cam cover? has no pipe on. im sure i have had a problem with this on my old sunny but i cant remember where its ment to go? airbox maybe?

tipping fuel down the tb is probley not the best idea ive had but i just want to hear it fire so i know i have the ecu wiring correct. i think it could of flooded it as it did smell a bit rich but i dint know how much it would take to start it as the lowest point of the inlet looks lower than the ports on the head.

or am i being inpatient by trying to start it like this lol?

that black valve goes to a vacuum pipe steve, and the lack of lambda wont stop it running eh, and it should run for a few secs with a small pool of fuel below the t/b :)

ah nice one ill try running it from from one of the vac lines below the tb then not sure if it matters on the cg but i remember vaugely that the sunny wouldn't start with it un-attached. i think it may be just me tipping too much fuel in then lol i will try some easy start as well. ill try and get a vid tomorrow if it fires. cheers frank (Y)

Sorry dude only just read these updates!

Have you checked for a spark yet? Just pull a spark plug and lay it on top an earth. If you have spark then your mostly there!

Mine had spark but wouldn't fire and it had air lock in the fuel line. Once it had fuel it fired up.

The one way valve needs to be connected to the inlet manifold :)

she runs (Y) yeah it was the spark kev i had a wire wrong :laugh: im not sure if the spark is to strong it looked more like a flint than a spark but anyhow she lives. i was gonna get a quick vid but my bat died on my phone will try and get one tonight :grinning:

Sounds like you're moving along nicely, just be carefull you don't mess up the MAF sensor by pouring fuel all over it dude.
Oh and one more thing; get that engine painted you scruff!!! :laugh:

cheers frank (Y)

kev im yet to find the cga inlet ect there rare down here lol if you know of any down your end give me a shout mate (Y)

porkpie im a tight arse with the paint lol :laugh: just kidding eye ill get some paint on there but im yet to hunt for a 1.3 or internals at least lol. i almost forgot as well the protector strips cause i aint spent much time down there lately i will have a bash tomorrow and send you a pm chief (Y)

cheers guys

you could use a CG inlet if you want steve, but you would have to make 4 small collars out of 15mm copper pipe, to fit the QG injectors into the rubbers :)

cheers karl il have a butchers down the breakers in the morning im yet to get my hands on a 1.3 so ill get all the parts together i need. i think there was a new shape primera down the breakers i usually go to so ill have a look to see if its a qg.

i keep thinking if its worth going turbo or not i still have the standard manifold but the pre-cat is missing so i might just cut and weld a flange onto it. i do have a kkk-k03 but it came of a renault diesel so im not sure if it will be to small?

well im not sure really cause i dont know how well ill like the n/a power with the 1.3 ill see how kev gets on with his first and if its worth staying n/a i will. knowing me tho i always want more power lol trouble is ive been turbo a few times before and i love the feeling/sound of boost oh i dont know :laugh: as long as its fun

yes QG,s are in the N16 (rounded) almera,s and primera,s of the same era steve, and the injectors are red plastic topfeed ones :)

Attachments

• SDC12281.JPG
    SDC12281.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 452
Why not just get an almera engine? A 1.6 or bigger, it'll mount in similar places surely? If they did a turbo diesel version then you could nick the manifold and save on the fabrication time. But what ever you decide to use, you may as well go turbo because it'll be easier to go that route now than it would be after everything's finished & fitted. Why not go twin turbo? Small one for the low rev range and a bigger one for the mid to high range.
Just make sure the mountings and gearbox can take the extra force :p

haha yeah i know its a tough choice to make i think i am more inclined to go down the blower route at the min. i was thinking about a twincharge setup but i think its just more to go wrong i like simplicity :laugh: i dont want a tarmac shreading nutcase machine or i would of gone for the sr20 or something i just want a decent amount of power on tap.

i cant seem to upload videos cause of my stupid content lock thing it used to be possible after midnight but it aint working now so may have to wait a bit for the vids. grr anyway i will keep the updates coming.

been down today and fitted passenger side drive shaft and radiator and did a bit more piping. had to get it out of the garage tho today to clean it out as it was a tip lol, oil all over the floor and nuts and bolts everywhere i cant work like that so its much better now. just got an insurance quote today that is making me work faster now so it should be on the road before christmas. i cant get any pics or vids up until i topup my internet thing. i will keep the updates coming tho.

if i remember my k10 heating ways way hotter than k11,try stick with the k10 one depending on you:grinning:r piping

yeah the trouble with the k10 one when the cars was on the road was it was either like having the sun sat on the dash board or like being sat in a fridge :laugh: just hope it is a bit better with the cg lump in there if not then ill just have to put up with it lol.

right not loads done but i have fitted the manifold and done the drivers side mount and routed the wiring. all i need to do is get a longer rad hose, accelerator cable, and fuel pump setup. oh and i still need to do the gear linkage lol. the rest is mot bits and i need a boot lid or sheet of perspex.

ive been quite busy but i have also just started on a turbo setup for it. wether i will use the turbo on the cg10 or a cg13 will depend on my mood lol but i may test it on this one anyway.

quick question do the springs have to re-seat when jacked up for the mot? im not sure what to use to keep them seated as they are cut. ive herd welding them is a no go?

right i have a boot lid so thats one less thing to do lol i will get some more bits done this week and i should have it on the road by january. god this has been a long project lol i need to get some pics and a few vids up as ive kept promising lol.

just won a set of coilovers on ebay :grinning: should get them thursday and waiting on a set of slimline nuts for the wheels so once everything arrives its pic and vid time.

well ive brought the gearbox home today to look for this roll pin and i have triple checked and cant find one on it. is there any other way to get the selector fork off without cutting it? im trying to steer clear of welding at the min

well ive brought the gearbox home today to look for this roll pin and i have triple checked and cant find one on it. is there any other way to get the selector fork off without cutting it? im trying to steer clear of welding at the min

under the rubber boot ? a preface 1.0 g/box ?

Attachments

• PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 347
100% 1.0 pre-face box frank i pulled the rubber boot back and the shaft is rusty so i scraped the rust off with a chisel and still no roll pin. i don't get it lol i tried separating the box before but it wont come apart got it about half an inch separated then it just jams. so im guessing the selector fork has to have a roll pin to remove it to separate the box? i wonder if some nugget has filled it in with something.

shes gone :( f*****g thing fell off the jack and got wedged against the wall. my fault i usually stick a couple of wheels under when im working on cars but i was just having one of them days :doh: it damaged the wing and door so i seen my a**e and weighed it in. i needed to be realistic tho cause i need a car now and just dint have the time to put into it. i feel awful but needs must i guess. anyway i like on here its a decent car community so ill be staying and getting my membership sorted :) and i will post a new thread in the non micra blogs of my new toy. hopefully will get another k10 one day and do it properly where i have the space and electric ect.

eye i really regret it. i guess i could of sorted it but my patience just ran out with having no electric down the garage and when it came off the jack that just topped it all off lol. what i should of done is put it up for sale and let someone else finish it. but i was desperate for the garage clear for the new toy to give it a good clean and get the insurance sorted out cause i skint myself buying the new car so had to trailer it back :laugh:. my mate got a picture of the k10 in the breakers but i dont want to post it up yet as im still trying to get over it :down:.

cheers guy's will no doubt get another one at some stage but will just be tuning the ma if i do lol. i ended up getting a corolla gti again so will post some pics tomorrow in the non micra blogs.

Back