Token's K10 Project

Elloo!

Just thought id make a short blog on my k10 project which is my first car and see if i could get any advice on anything to do to it or any modifications that are worth while that wouldnt raise my insurance (im only 17 so its high enough already!)

this is how it looked when i first got it, pretty tidy to be honest but the rear arches were rotten, the offside rear had been previously welded very poorly and the front nearside wing was rotten dead, along with the 20years of grime, rust, scratches and other cosmetics it wasnt in too bad a shape, also the interior was near enough immaculate minus a few missing parts of trim which we were surprised at too!

Interior

With some sanding, unbolting and general fannying around and removing endless rotten nuts and bolts we managed to get it stripped down a fair mount to see the real damage underneath.

Then after some filling, welding, fibreglassing, panel beating, more filling, sanding and priming.

New Wing

Now with a bit of primer on!

All masked up, tat ragged and ready to go!

After Paint :)

Looking good mate, nice to see one being restored (Y). As an aside, I learned to drive in one of those (when it was new :blush:).

cheers guys!

@guy i think alot of people did back in the day, i know personally my mum and dad both learned in them and my dad also did his mechanic apprenticeship on the k10 which was rather handy! sprayed pics tomorrow should be fitting up too!

Got some new old pics..im not the richest guy in the world and after an accident when some dumb B***h pulled out on me ive realised theres no point spending too much money on the old Gat.

Few interior bits and bobs that mine was missing and a slightly smaller/sturdier (Pfft yehright) steering wheel added as well as wheel respray and super s top spoiler.
Looking to sell soon, gonna sand back and respray all the rust thats popped back up around the sills and archers and get as tidy as possible before getting rid.

Back