my mean micra

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
Photo-0045.jpg

Photo-0028.jpg

Photo-0026.jpg

Thats a nice example of the K11 mate! Need to get it a bit lower to the floor with uprated shocks to, then you'll be singing!

looks cool mate, how did you do the lights? mask ove rthen tint? ALso, i think you need to get the lock taken off the boot coz it sticks out like a sore thumb! If you aint got a boot release mechanism get a solenoid installed, also a bigger exhaust but yeah itsa lookin cool

Hi,

Where abouts in Manchester are you...? That area looks somewhat familiar to me for some reason. fwn

-Elliot

looks nice, all the things that i think need doin like the boot lock, lowered and the exhaust have already been mentioned..

bonnet scoop looks nice, isnt OTT!

suprised the question hasnt been asked already, is the front bumper off ebay or not, if not where from and how much and if so what was the fit like?

paynee: the bumper is off ebay(crazybodykits) but its a paynee in the bum to fit, but if anyone gets one i'll tell you what needs doing for fitment...(£120 for bumper only)...

elliot: i live in ashton-under-lyne, manchester woo-hoo... picture is westend of ashton behind new charter building...

guys: thanks for compliments makes it all worthwhile... i am skint now so no mods for a while... am gonna save for full exhaust system... nice jap style backbox... 30-40mm drop... nice set shockers... and a magic tree cos me car stinks...
new interior... i just helped me mate do his n14sunny nice black suede interior(pulsar kit sshh!!)

cant be bothered to move lock need it for quick access, i know its eyesore but what can you do...

thanks guys and sorry for poor quality cameraphone snaps...

mean micra said:
cant be bothered to move lock need it for quick access, i know its eyesore but what can you do...

quote]

remove it n get a solenoid fitted like Titch did

soz guys i dont know what a solenoid is...
is it expensive i should ask first.. ta ben

p.s ben.. i did the lights with 6mm red tape from halfords £3roll... start at bottom leave 6mm gap til next piece... keep going to top over shoot ends by a few mill as they shrink slightly... leave for day... morning use scalpal to neaten up...

did them on k11 standard lights... even though i have a set of clears...

:po_O

speak to Wayne (Quickdraw) he fitted Titch's because Titch decided to get his boot totally smoothed before realising he never had a boot release mechanism so he was fooked so wayne sorted him out with one, i shouldnt imagine the would be that expensive, like i say speak to Wayne - i was ok when i got mine done coz i have alittle lever down passenger side well

And just out of curioisty, does your petrol cap have a key lock on it?

if you got a set of clears why dont you put them on lol? Just my opinion but think they would look better, if ii understand what you typed right, the tape is still on the lights? If thats the case would deffo go for clears

or an even better idea, the lights that are half and half, half red half clear, they would look immense on your car due to the colour, why dont you tape off the top hlf off your clear lights and tint the other half red? You can buy them like that but since you have the clears already will be cheaper, i will see if i can find a pic..

boy oh boy ben u blabber on :p

lol.

you can use the seliniod from a simple central locking kit £20 from maplins or you can actually buy them seperately.
then it jus a case of wiring it through to a positive and an earth switch along the line (inserted into dash) put a button on so it simply an on/off sequence.
then from there when ever u need access it a simply push of the button and your door pops open :)

hope this helps.

and no ben he wont have the tape still on. it was just so when he sprayed it it never went on that section so when u peel it away they are clear to the original red.

different i must say. and thats the whole point in modifying i think so . well done :)

keep it all up

ben great minds think alike... i seen a jap micra on net and it had the lights you talking bout... i want them but cant get them any where... so i got these clears...

you have gave me a top idea tho.. red top half tint bottom half... lookin mean...:alien:

i have manual lock on petrol cap...

yeah see i dont just blab, i can talk sense at times, i think they would look wkd on your colour car too, jus tape half off and spray - simple

untitled.jpg

dont fight guys... lol... it is tape not tint and its a poor but effective mod... i was obviously bored on that day...

tape is still on...

looks much better in that pic than in the first and Wayne..... told you so ............:p

nuh nuh nuh nuh :D

mean micra said:
untitled.jpg

dont fight guys... lol... it is tape not tint and its a poor but effective mod... i was obviously bored on that day...

tape is still on...

looks quite nice, have u been pulled up many times though or does enough light get through when you break?

Looks good. I would sort out the key on the boot as mentioned, a bigger exhaust if your gona have the splitter, have you thought about a Super S/SR rear bumper with the splitter? It will probably go with front bunper more. But before them get it lowered! Not norally keen on bonnet vents on Micra but that looks pretty subtle. Have you thought about cutting out the middle bits in the grill? Leave the part where it has the Nissan badge, pretty easy job to do. :)

mean micra said:
untitled.jpg

tape is still on...

:O

my opinion of u has just lowered.

please, do not do this with front lights aswell to make them quads etc :S im now scared as to what ur capable of :p

jayY: i seen your car on mh and had that grille idea... i still have my other grille(96') so i might give it ago.. im pretty sure yous is a pre 96' grill as i have on mine now...

Nex: the sideskirts are lester(italy) hard to get hold of... Arnold asked me a few weeks ago in a thread bout them... i have listed uk suppliers of lester... took 6months for mine to get here(£120set)

quickdraw: i hate guys who do this light mods with tape, i really do... my mate had an xr2i look-a-like and he was doing his strips and started messing around with my fornt lights saying this is what badboy lights are...dint like it so took them off, but did this to the back for a laugh... so many people have complemented them i left them on... i prefer clear ones tho... and am gonna do wat ben described 50/50 red & tint...

glenn: all brake, indicator light shines right through... even reverse light....

i actually like the vent it was bought as a bday pres by gf... so i could not just leave it off... but looks ok i think.. although gets enough laughs...

mean micra said:
... and am gonna do wat ben described 50/50 red & tint...

if only more people were as sensible as you and listened to me more often, we would have a far better world. Is the vent stuck on or moulded and blended in?

:down: guy messed up the vent...

i wanted it cut in and blended but his gimp sidekick just stuck it on without even cutting any thing out...

it had bonded before anyone noticed...

not to bothered though...

yeah the grill on my car in the pic is a pre 96 one, ive taken it off since then, wasen't too keen on it after, what im suggesting is leave the centre section that has the badge on it and cut the too side bits out, where as on mine i removed everything to make it totally open.

mean micra said:
:down: guy messed up the vent...

i wanted it cut in and blended but his gimp sidekick just stuck it on without even cutting any thing out...

it had bonded before anyone noticed...

not to bothered though...

so its a useless bonnet non-vent ?

i cut mine in with a dreamal. you should still be able to cut it in...

or just use a drill it would stop so much rain getting in

Back