Photo-0022.jpg
]http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af16/sr20bud/Photo-0028.jpg[/IMG]/sr20bud/
Photo-0023.jpg
Photo-0031.jpg[/IMG]
Photo-0032.jpg
Photo-0009.jpg

Photo-0011.jpg

cheers R-REG (Y)

gti seats are quite simple mate 3 of the bolts line up and the 2 rear ones closest to the handbrake need drilling although i haven't drilled mine yet :p i will say tho you have to be a patient with lining the bolt holes up as they are a few mill out each side you could drill them but i just used some strength and made them line up:laugh: they give a lot better seating position

ok so i was board yesterday and started looking at my weight lifting bar that i gave up using and thought instead of chucking it what can i do with it well i made some use of it :p
Photo-0036.jpg

Photo-0039.jpg

well last couple of days ive been tinkering and now i have a cg10 bolted in thanks to gtsnissanb. i haven't got it running yet as i need to mod the dizzy and make the manifold for the bike carbs. but this will not take me long once i get cracking i dont stop :laugh: i will try and get some pics tomorrow if i dont forget to take my phone again lol. the cg10 will soon have cg13 crank and rods but for now i just want to get it running.

Very nicely coming along might start on one of my cars soon lol, rear rear strut brace is a good plan, maybe get down to b&q get some threaded bar and two nuts cut the weight bar in half cut a chunk out of it slide the threaded bar in-between with the two nuts in the middle then voilà adjustable strut brace just wind the nuts out ;)
Given myself an idea now

yeah thats a sweet idea bud im going to ditch the weight bar for something a bit tougher it flexs quite easy. it made quite a big difference tho (Y) your idea is a brilliant one mate and i bet it would make a huge difference and make it easier to take on and off without wrecking the strut threads.

hacksaw/grind the weight bar down then hammer it between the rear turrets :D

it would be better between them :)

maybe a blob of weld on each end if you can weld or get it welded :D

hacksaw/grind the weight bar down then hammer it between the rear turrets :D

it would be better between them :)

maybe a blob of weld on each end if you can weld or get it welded :D

that sounds like a good idea mate i might put 2 on in that case one at the top and one between the turrets (Y)

attaching to the top of the struts would be best but his attach to the nuts not the struts so will still move a bit.

between the struts or anchored to the top would be better :)
I see what you mean now it's bolted directly on the strut tops and not the strut turrets ;)

cheers mate i need to invest in a camera or better phone lol the quality is s**t :laugh: more updates as soon as i get the carbs and dizzy sorted (Y)

had a spark yesterday so just the manifold to bolt up and a fuel pump and a couple of tweaks it should be running in a couple of days (Y)

sorry about the quality i had to take it off the laptop i will get a new cam soon so some better quality ones to follow. haven't done much else as ive got a friends thwaites 2 tonne dumper in pieces at the min and had a #### load of other stuff to do but i need to pull my finger out :laugh:

thinking of giving up on this and starting again with an older one but leaving the cg idea and just tune the ma. reason is i should of gone injection and my welding aint the best with the buzz box on the dizzy adaptor i know it will work but just doesnt look right. the inlet manifold is spot on for the bike carbs but the rest of the car just needs too much doing its really peeing me off as the garage is full of stuff and i just cant work on it. if anyone wants anything just give me a shout as it will probably go for scrap anyway soon.

nooo dont give up mate.

just wack it on injection dude, its so easy. 4 wires to get it running and even if you just swap the lot over to an older one later on would be well worth it,

i can do a parts list and an injection wiring guide ect if itll help convince you to carry on, ill remember the measurements aswell today.

nooo dont give up mate.

just wack it on injection dude, its so easy. 4 wires to get it running and even if you just swap the lot over to an older one later on would be well worth it,

i can do a parts list and an injection wiring guide ect if itll help convince you to carry on, ill remember the measurements aswell today.

i just don't know mate it does need a fair bit trouble is if i get an older one then i don't really wanna rip the engine out again although i might keep it and carry on and just use the older one as a daily. if you could post that up kev it would be great it may just convince me to keep going. (Y)

is that all it is just 4 wires then?

if you could post that up kev it would be great it may just convince me to keep going. (Y)

is that all it is just 4 wires then?

no worries

and yes on the ecu side of things its just 4 wires and itll run!

earths attach to engine by dizzy. no other earths to connect!

3 lives, 2 for ecu and 1 coil

1 starter wire which connects to starter motor start signal

the rest is plugging in plugs to dizzy and throttle body ect

bare in mind that i spent months messing about and then £90 at the rollers and still never got the carbs working right. 2 nights fitting the injection and it runs perfect lol (Y)

haha yeah thats getting thinking about the carbs now i don't wanna go down the same route as trying to set something up that will probably never run right. injection is defiantly the way. i think what put me off is the fact i was stupid enough to get a nats loom and ecu :doh: i can never seem to come across a non-nats one in my local breakers. i think its time to go non-nats loom and ecu hunting and just get on with it. i don't know whats up with me lol ive wired in worse stuff than this before. your right mate i cant give up now its more or less done just one mount to get and a loom/ecu. cheers kev (Y)

well ive been down the garage and fitted the inlet mani one less thing to do. the modded dizzy is yet to be took off but i couldn't find a 12mm think someones been in my toolbox grr anyway heres some pics bit crappy quality i had a wobble on it was freezing lol.

5twfat.jpg
[/IMG]
2upxtl4.jpg
[/IMG]
t5nihf.jpg
[/IMG]
2vb4tfm.jpg
[/IMG]
2lzuqq.jpg
[/IMG]

cheers (Y) yeah its getting there i just need the wiring loom and ecu and a fuel pump then it should run:grinning: cant wait to drive it now lol

sweet it will give me another awesome blog to read judging how you did your carbs on yours you should be able to make it awesome mate (Y) i think more people need to do it i think a lot of people underestimate how punchy the little cg's are in injection form. i was surprised when i had my k11 and ive drove a 1.3 as well that was a shock when i managed to outrun a modified saxo vtr :grinning:

Bike carbs are alot off fun, and sound great, but it's got me wanting more, mwahahaha

Cg in a k10 must be mental, like a fuel injected bean can

cheers kev(Y) do you just use the k11 pump wiring from the loom? or will it have to be separate wiring?

pork i know lol i really wanted to go bike carbs for response and sound but i kinda forgot how punchy the cg's are and with kev proving how easy it is its defiantly the way to go. and in N/A form the cg's sound mental with no air box lol.

im wondering if something like this could be used !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e66e24613

its a vauxhall swirl pot that has the pump built in, i reckon a hybrid tank could be built fairly easily and very cheaply :grinning:

very nice find mate. are the k10 tanks metal? ive never actually been under the back of min so i wouldn't know but thinking of cutting the top of the tank once emptied and washed out and make it fit like a normal pump? or something lol

yeah frank they are alot of old vauxhall had external electric pump and adjustable fuel regs iirc

the k10 tank is metal but you will need some kind of swifl bowl/pot inside the tank if you put a pump in, it needs 100% constant fuel flow for the injection to work, any air will cause fuel pressure to drop in the rail, fuel surge ect

i fitted an xr2i swirl pot and pump in my mk2 fiesta zetec tank and still had surge problems, i ended up with an alloy tank in the boot with two pmps and an old fire swirl pot :D

i think iam gonna try a corsa swirl pot/pump setup in a spare tank and test it out. also gonna look at the k11 tank, i have a feeling i looked before but cant remember :blush:

Back