• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Squirrels K11 Micra

Squizza

Ex. Club Member
Being on here a while now nagging you all, but got things as regards of pictures sorted now...

Micra Inspiration 1999...
004.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Firstly stripped it, until coppers pulled me and requested I put rear seats back in :mad:
001.jpg

Then lowered it 80mm on back and 60mm on front, Matt Humphries is great!!! :D
012.jpg

Then tried 15" BMW E30 BBS Wheels... but too big and outta character! :rolleyes:
009.jpg

So got some 12" Ultralites
004-1.jpg

Currently playing with the front end, Black grilles and badge coming sooon!!!
016.jpg

015.jpg

I've got a sorta JDM rear winda thing going on too with club stickers on rear quarter windas!

I've also ordered a...
Panhard Rod from Noddie which will be fitted on saturday!
Airbox and OMP panel filter from hoopdub received and fitted soon!

See you at Japfest guys and gals :p

Nice mate, in my opinion i think the superlights are to small, the bbs would look nicer with smaller tyres on and maybe a bit of spacing :)

Cheers mate, each to their own and all that! I think small car, small wheels :p
...however the suspension is still setting tho ;) hehe

Cheers :)
I have mate however, they don't match :mad: rang em up, gonna send one out for wednesday so I have a matching pair! :)

Cheers mate, I think they really suit! :)
65mph is when she starts to get loud now, before it was about 70-75mph
1st and 2nd is alot quicker changes, but the rest still seems same!
not tested it yet but 30mph seems alot slower now, i.e clocks reading fast I think!

Being on here a while now nagging you all, but got things as regards of pictures sorted now...

Micra Inspiration 1999...
004.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Firstly stripped it, until coppers pulled me and requested I put rear seats back in :mad:
001.jpg

Then lowered it 80mm on back and 60mm on front, Matt Humphries is great!!! :D
012.jpg

Then tried 15" BMW E30 BBS Wheels... but too big and outta character! :rolleyes:
009.jpg

So got some 12" Ultralites
004-1.jpg

Currently playing with the front end, Black grilles and badge coming sooon!!!
016.jpg

015.jpg

I've got a sorta JDM rear winda thing going on too with club stickers on rear quarter windas!

I've also ordered a...
Panhard Rod from Noddie which will be fitted on saturday!
Airbox and OMP panel filter from hoopdub received and fitted soon!

See you at Japfest guys and gals :p

how come you got pulled for the seats ive had police ask me to move while been parked right beside me and said nothing about the seats :/ could it not be because you still had the belts in? ive removed my belts too

no I had seatbelts removed too! ...they were for once really nice, but they was like were ok with it, but others may not!
Potential for insurance being void and the car not being wat its says in log book thing o_O

Looks good, the lowering looks spot on! :) The ultralites do look a little too small though, i'd personally go for the bbs wheels with some stretched tyres

Cheers SK, nah I'm wi the Ultralites, espesh when suspension settles! :)
cheers skymera, just 15mm spacers and extended studs ;)

Well done 40ish mile with the almera airbox on... and I honestly love it! :D
...also tinted the bulges on the taillights with left over Flyeye Kit! Drove first time in dark since fitting headlight tint, not all that much difference! :)

Rear floor pan welded and scabby rear strut mount tidied.

Thought I'd have a update...
About 3weeks ago I had a very upsetting moment, nothing to critical but just heartbreaking that someone can hit you then run! ...The damage was enough to knock all tracking out, and crack the filler on the drivers wing which was also solid!
018.jpg

2 New wings later for £85
018-1.jpg

I then started to find as I was driving with the GA16 Airbox, it would be stuttery and bog down, altho it does sound immense without I put a cold air feed ...the results were amazing!
013.jpg

As a lot of you knew at Japfest I had a problem with my brakes, well they have continued to get worse... excessive corrosion and warped discs, with leaky rear slaves, garage ordered rear slaves and I got a kit for £38 posted
013-1.jpg

I then decided to treat myself and bought a Ashley 4-2-1 Mani along with a Peter Lloyd Cat Back
017.jpg

020.jpg

016-2.jpg

Brakes, Exhaust and New Wings will be fitted by local garage on Wednesday :D

This is how my Micra Currently sits...
009-1.jpg

011.jpg

Update over.

wow :D busy busy bee :D when i saw your Facebook status about new things to it i never knew what they was :D happy of what they are now :D you will have to get a video for us on the before and after sounds of your exhaust :D

i would love a new backbox on my car but its finding one that suits the car as well as sounds really nice which gives a low rumble but also high rumble :p so hard to choose haha

but good work :D

Any plans to remove the stickers and the big bump strips? Only things letting this down.

Wheels are tidy, that zorst and mani are a pretty penny too ;)

Cheers guys, I'm afraid I don't really wanna loose my bumpstrips :rolleyes: ...but maybe the stickers will be replaced by a supercharged one when I get around to robbing a bank :p

The vids would be a problem I'm not techno geezer, thats my office behind the micra in the piks! ...and tbh my standard exhaust rattles, puffs and growls anyway hence replacement! :eek:

Gutting someone hit you and ran man, but why replacing both wings? Were was it parked anyway?

Car looks fantastic and jealous of the mani and PL zorst!... How much for mani if you don't mind me asking?

Oh, and don't be afraid of getting rid of the bump strips... easy job and they serve no purpose at all!... Everytime another car's doors have hit me it's alwys been way up the door... Car looks alot sleeker without them... But each to their own as you said! ;) :)

Cheers guys it goes on tomorra :D ...so I'll let you know hoopdub, I know it needs a lamda boss fitting to it tho!

And I was parked at side of a road for about 6mins honestly, came out saw a car drive off and looked at mine :(
The car hit me so hard my noddie rod (panhard) unadjusted, and the drivers wing had cracked (very old pro filler jobby) and obvs the passenger wing was
touching the inner wing :mad:

Oddball The Mani was a limited edition on ebay through ashley sports for £200 mild steel posted :p
..and nah I think the bump strips are a feature in themselves, don't think I wanna say bye to em :rolleyes:

Cheers guys it goes on tomorra :D ...so I'll let you know hoopdub, I know it needs a lamda boss fitting to it tho!

And I was parked at side of a road for about 6mins honestly, came out saw a car drive off and looked at mine :(
The car hit me so hard my noddie rod (panhard) unadjusted, and the drivers wing had cracked (very old pro filler jobby) and obvs the passenger wing was
touching the inner wing :mad:

Oddball The Mani was a limited edition on ebay through ashley sports for £200 mild steel posted :p
..and nah I think the bump strips are a feature in themselves, don't think I wanna say bye to em :rolleyes:

Bar-Stuards! Shame you didn't get the reg mate...

Well exhaust is on, just settling atm so the tune it plays changes but its loud and raspy so far :D
gotta go back to garage week on saturday for rest of wrk to be finished! (rear brakes and front wings) :)

Yeah the garage had very little trouble with the mani, just the fitting flange to the cat back had to be cut off and welded!
There's no lambda sensor now and the oil dipstick is starting to melt so need to find a metal one!
Other than that the mani glows orange and with the peter lloyd cat back it feels really free and sounds beut!

nice :p sounds amazing for the video aspect ;) get a friend to hold a camera near your exhaust or walk around the car with it whilst your showing us the sounds it can produce :)

I didn't see an option, but I got it direct from Peter Lloyd and when delivered the backbox was seperate... PM them you never know :D

Really like the wheels! looking good man, loving the black front grilles ;) got myself an ashley backbox, possibly update with a video of the peter lloyd catback? ;p

wish I could mate, however I upload just won't play o_O
cheers anyway mate, keep looking at your blog... nice one you've got there :D

yeah peter 'cat' back and a ashley 4-2-1 mani, georgous! :D
yeah it never will be though, always find bits to do :p

A little update good and bad as always :p

I've fitted Splitfire HT leads...
017-2.jpg

Along With Bosch Super 4 spark plugs...
016-3.jpg

And here is the engine bay with a new unlimited Dizzy... :D
001-1.jpg

I fitted some tasty headlight covers over the standard but fly-eyed headlights...
014.jpg

And then came a new reg, not a square one but a 'Import Plate' ready to replicate that crazy 250hp micra thats hiding on here somewhere as vents on the remaining reg recess will be fitted soon
003.jpg

...and hoping to gain some brownie points from admin on here, I hope you didn't mind but here's a little extra advertising :cool:
004-2.jpg

Unfortunetly though there are some bad and rather awkward moments!
Firstly as a awkward moment, after starting a job trial in Darlington and living on a farm during the week in Bishop Auckland, I was allowing a tractor past on the access lane, I got beached and stuck on a 'twig' :rolleyes:
013-2.jpg

Then Driving home back to Helmsley after working reducing flood risks, a very naughty Sh*tron (citroen) Picasso wasn't going my desired speed, so decided it was safe to overtake, got halfway past and BANG... the picture doesn't do it justice, but was actually rather a shock! :p
005-1.jpg

So yeah here is hopefully a little extra added to 'Jonnies' storybook :D

Back