Squeeking Wipers

I have just changed the front blades on my 96 K11 and re-greased the wiper spring underneeth and re-tightended and greased the nuts under the covers area but it's still doing it!

Anyone got any ideas what this could be? It's massivley annoying and it rains alot in the winter!

Mike

i,ve twisted the arms in the past to cure a judder (so that the blade sits 90 deg to the glass)
and squeezed the blade surround a bit, so that it does,nt flop side to side much (so that it stays at 90 deg)

I had a quick look again in the dark last night and it seems like one of the blades isnt quite touching the screen fully, So i'll investgiate that in the daylight at the weekend, with that wiper up the squeek goes so I believe its just that side wiper that's playing up.

If it isnt that where can I get these replacement spindles from? I'd assume Nissan would want a small countrys debt for these?

it's normally the passenger side arm that goes.
bent mine into place on the K10 as frank said above and solved my mice problem :laugh:

I have the same problem on both mine and mums K11s! The blades are new so its not them so it must be these spindles!!!!

Any more info in this replacement???

Ta :grinning:

i changed mine last week (nicked them off the red car :wasntme:) and they juddered like mad.. so i squeezed the metal surrounds on the blades (so that the blade did,nt flap about).... judder gone :grinning:

My blades dont judder............... it even squeeks when the wipers are lifted off the glass and turned on!!! Its defo something in the mech!!

Assuming the spindles are ok, re-angling the wiper (Like Frank said) usually helps. If you tried it and it didn't work try going the other way. Ford dealers used to have a special tool to ensure the blade contacted the screen at the right angle!

Also check the spring in the wiper arm, they can weaken and snap and check the metal sections of the blade are flexing freely.

Finally, try greasing the ball ends of the linkage. Easily done if you have stripped it to grease the spindles.

Back