Squeaking wipers

PeteST24

Ex. Club Member
Right this is really annoying me now. I have changed the wiper blades and the bloomin things still sqeak like mad even when its raining hard!

I bought 20" for drivers side and 18" for passenger side but the 20" was longer than what was on there already. I think the wiper arm is the wrong one but not sure. Can anyone post a picture up of their wiper blades on a pre facelift K11? Or are the facelift K11's the same?

Must get this sorted its driving me mad grr

I bought some wiper blades last week and they both were 18 inch I believe.

Not sure if this picture is any good? I have a pre facelift.

Attachments

• Photo-0037.jpg
    Photo-0037.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 229
18s on both iirc....i had the drivers side squeeking the other day....i just bent it slightly and kept going till it disappeared....wipes so much better now! :)

mine squeak like mad...it was partly cause by using window cleaner on my windscreen!!! t-cut the screen and see if that works. if not i dont know what to suggest.

Ok strange that as the box the wipers come in said that 20" is for the car...I will go get an 18". I will also look at bending the arm. Do you think it could be putting too much pressure on the screen then?

Cheers for the help peeps.

Mine did this for ages, I tried changing the blades and the arms, it turned out to be worn spindle boxes on the mechanism itself allowing water in and rusting, therefore causing the squeak. lift your wiper arms clear of the screen and try to wobble them up and down, if there is excessive movement you can guarantee thats the cause of the problem.

pete

i,ve always twisted the arm with 2 pairs of plyers so that the blade is at 90 deg to the glass
the sqeak tends to be only in one direction because the rubber is angled forwards and has a tendancy to judder imo

Ok sorted now and Sonic was right...The spindle was rusted so I doused it with WD40 and its stopped sqeaking :D

They work perfect now.

Thanks

If you strip them and sand all the rust off then grease the spindles they should last another year or two, WD40 will quickly dry up and the squeaking will start again.

Right this is really annoying me now. I have changed the wiper blades and the bloomin things still sqeak like mad even when its raining hard!

I bought 20" for drivers side and 18" for passenger side but the 20" was longer than what was on there already. I think the wiper arm is the wrong one but not sure. Can anyone post a picture up of their wiper blades on a pre facelift K11? Or are the facelift K11's the same?

Must get this sorted its driving me mad grr

mine does it aswell most of the time
turns out its the rubber thingy at the bottom of the wiper on the driver side cracked and rubbing the blade to hard against the windscreen.
anyone know how to change this?

Back