squeaky boot

Hi,

does anyone else here have a k11 that seems to suffer with a squeaky irritating boot when going over slight bumps and knocks in the road? its really annoying me now. i was thinking perhaps its the struts on the boot but im not sure..

anyone got any ideas? the parcel shelf can be a bit jumpy too.

haha I have exactly the same thing, been hunting for it for months now!!!

EDIT: Can rule out the struts as I changed to the jap boot and the uk ones don't fit so i have none and it does it :p

Hi,

does anyone else here have a k11 that seems to suffer with a squeaky irritating boot when going over slight bumps and knocks in the road? its really annoying me now. i was thinking perhaps its the struts on the boot but im not sure..

anyone got any ideas? the parcel shelf can be a bit jumpy too.
My squeaky boot turned out to be the metal cover panel that is held on the inside of the boot by plastic plugs/clips. It was rubbing metal to metal. Its only flimsy so I just bent the points it touched away slightly. I also added small dots of silicone on the inside where the plastic plugs hold it in place before refitting.
The parcel shelf rattle was sorted by adding felt underneath where it rests and tightening the fittings down that had come slightly loose. Hope this helps.

Have you made sure the boot locking catch is correctly lined up. Mine was slightly out of of line. I realigned it by loosening the two bolts on the lower slam panel and also moved it further down so the boot shut more tightly.

its so irritating. i'm going to have a look later for the things you mentioned. the parcel shelf thing will be good to sort too, so thanks for that.

One more thing I remembered about my parcel shelf was that the parts that stick out and clip into the brackets are only push fit. Mine were loose so I tapped them gently back into the edge of the shelf and put a screw in to secure them. I'll get a pic to show you when I get chance.

Back