Squeaky noise from rear.

Anyone else get a squeaky noise when going over uneven roads(most in uk !). I have tried everything to get rid of it as its annoying. I thought it was door rubbers so silicon greased em all up but still there.

Is it some sort of rubber bush on the suspension?

Also are the stretch to fit rubber boots easy enough to do as I noticed one of mine has slit while doing an oil change today. Sure thats an mot failure too.

Seen these on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....30718&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2105wt_1139

Cheers

Simon.

maybe exhaust mounts? mine does it

I thought about that and gave the back box a good pull but cant make it squeak at all. Spayed em with solicon spray lube too. Thought it may have been the springs or shocks but not sure. My wife had a 200 reg micra from new and sold it in 2007 and that developed the same squeak too. Roads are complete crap in Leeds too.

mate they are everything i think mines the exhaust but did you say you gave it a pull? get under the car and wiggle it up and down at various points

mate they are everything i think mines the exhaust but did you say you gave it a pull? get under the car and wiggle it up and down at various points

I will jack it up tomorrow and have a good poke around. I also get a metal clanging noise when rattling gear lever in neutral so need to see what that is too.

could be some kind of heat sheild or whatever or just a loose linkage but could be anything to be honest

(dont forget the thanks button:blush:)

Yeah It sounds like the exhause heat sheild rattling with the gear lever or could be the return spring. The joys of a 12 yr old motor I guess. Be more fun doing these jobs if it was a tad warmer too lol.

I did manage to do oil/filter/air filter/new plugs today this moring though and it was not too bad I suppose. I have a cross member sat in garage but it aint that bad so I may see if it goes through mot in april first but I will have to do the cv boot as its split.

Jobs for a few weeks time I think when its warmed up(Y)

Yup roads are a real mess in yorkshire, no doubt same most places. Good job we dont pay much fuel duty and road tax really or we would moanfwn

Well squeak sorted. Not sure what it was as I used silicon spray on the rear window rubber seal just in case it was that. It deffo was not the exhaust. I also sprayed all the rear suspension bushes and the rear bumper mountings were not so tight so i greased then as i got a noise when flexing it.

I also got the metal noise sorted from the gear leaver linkage. It was a broken return spring catching the exhaust sheild and was evident once sheild was removed.

The brake lines had surface corrosion so may clean em up before mot. Just offside front outer cv boot gaitor to sort for mot now I think. I may get one of those split ones to save me plenty of time and hassle as at 31k I cant see the cv joint needing replacing and if I am gonna have to take em off i may as well replace em as not too expensive.

I dont miss my 4 yr old laguna at all. This micra is just great as so easy to work on and no dodgy french electronic systems to worry about:p

Back