K12 Boot Rattle

I had this problem. Check the plastic cover for the clasp on the boot lid. Mine broke which meant the "hook" on the boot lid rattled against the loop on the rear crossmember.

If the plastic cover is cracked or broken I think it is pretty easy to fix. If it's in warranty get the garage to do it like i did!

FYI, generally the boot lids don't seen to fit very well. Couldn't say why, though.

I just sorted out the boot on my 160SR, was getting rattles and rubber noise over bumps.

I adjusted the boot lock eye in the bumper as much as I could but to no avail.

Ended up unbolting the lock in the tailgate, pushed it up inside and put a couple of washers inside to bolt through, then pulled it back out and put the bolts back through the washers to lift the lock up and pull the boot down tighter.

All rattles gone and car is really quiet. (Y)

Have you checked that there isn't anything loose near the spare wheel, something could've been dropped in by mistake perhaps?

Have you checked that there isn't anything loose near the spare wheel, something could've been dropped in by mistake perhaps?

Good point, when I first got my car I took the spare wheel out to give the car a thorough clean and the wheel well was full of grit and stones etc.

They will no doubt buzz around the boot too.

Back