Spring rates: Some figures

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hi all I thought I'd post up some interesting information on springs I've found.

Post up your tech specs if you have any and I'll add them to this list.

---------------------------------------------------------------
SPRINGS

King Spring LOWS: Front linear, rear progressive, 25mm drop

Front: KDFL-26 2.2kg/mm or 125lb/inch
Rear: KDFL-08 1.77 to 3.04kg/mm or 100 to 170lb/inch

Whiteline CONTROL springs: Front linear, rear progressive

Front: 70142 2.4kg/mm
Rear: 70140 1.8 to 3.1kg/mm

NISMO S-Tune springs: 30mm drop progressive all round

Front: 3kg/mm
Rear: 2.5kg/mm

APEXi Sports springs: 30 - 40mm drop progressive all round

Front: 3.4kg/mm
Rear: 2.3kg/mm

COILOVERS

G4 Racing: Linear spring rates claimed to be available between 3.5 to 22kg/mm. Available from www.justjap.com (email them). 24 way damper, rebound and height adjustable.

Front: 7.7kg/mm
Rear: 2.2kg/mm

D2 Suspension: http://www.d2racingsports.com.au/tech.html

Front: 7kg/mm
Rear: 2.2kg/mm

B-Crews Earnest Damper Coilovers: Available with a range of springs between 4kg and 9kg max

Front: 5Kg (cisco softie spec)
Rear: 4Kg (cisco softie spec)

Interesting hey?

cisco

» CMF Member
Yom,

B-Crews Earnest Damper Coilovers:
Front: 5Kg
Rear: 4Kg.

That's my specs. But he has replacement springs for both front and rear for anywhere between 4Kg up to 9Kg max. Mine are the softest springs for these coilovers.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
dont have any spec to add but thought i would say i used a custom spring company called powercoil in uk to make my k11 springs. i copied the same spec including rear progressive as whiteline. only i dropped them to 50/55mm. they are ideal for my below 700kg car as if they were much stiffer they would be no good for road use.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well I bought some Apexi Sports springs. Guess I'll see what they're like soon.

Wonder if they'll be to my taste? haha

No fuss if they're not. I'll just bite the bullet and get some whiteline springs or even some custom made examples I guess.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
From memory the d2's are around 1600Aus,but am a little concerned about quality being made in China or somewhere. I want to get coilover eventually but what brand? Does anybody no more brands and prices? Would be good to keep this information on a -mod guide.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I tried to avoid putting up prices because they tend to vary a fair bit with various exchange rates.

D2's and G4's are essentailly the same thing afaik. I think it would be better to hold out and source some quality japanese units.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well I fitted my new Apexi Sports springs today. Much softer than the kings - weird. I'm happy with them anyway. No body rock and roll it just sits nice and absorbs the bumps while keeping a nice stance (they're a little lower) and none of this stupid bouncing you see lowered cars suffering.

Not happy with the height of the rear though. Hmm. Do I consult my friend Mr Anglegrinder? :p

Oh yeh, did the front springs myself instead of paying. They werent that hard afterall. Rears are a piece of piss. Took 35 minutes to change out the rear springs, right from when I started jacking it up to when i let the jack down and the car was flat on the ground! :D Beat that haha

Back