Special Feature Video: Europe's fastest Micra CGA3 K11 turbo.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
This should be interesting to some: Davey C has produced a fantastic video. It still has a little more to be done to it, but this gives you quite a good idea..

CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO

P.S. I know the title is going to cause issues to those who say otherwise, but sticking another engine from another car no longer makes it a true micra in my eyes...

P.P.S. Thanks James for the plug, haha I will give you your £1000 now. (I had no idea what was said until I just saw the video really) :)

ENJOY!

Just so everyone knows, the final version for this video should be online next sunday evening. hopefully not this late lol but i need to do some more work to the video so bare that in mind while watching it its unfinished.

That is a reaaly nice production (even before the twaeking) very proffessional the balance between bling&fun / sales&ads / technical / project / personallities is blob on IMO....vidien & audio edditing is great too...do you have any backgroung tin this sort of stuff or is this another hobbie??

Very well done All

Davey C does this kind of thing for a living now, and I do also when the work comes along. Dave however saw over this one, so I let him run wild with the equipment which I have :) I have not influenced his production on this, but its turned out to be a nice little promo for James car and FMS.

so I let him run wild with the equipment which I have :)

haha like a kid in a sweet shop, :love:

Yeah the finished product will hopefully be very nice, It makes it very easy with a car as good as james'. really quite a stunning car and awesome just awesome speed. could have done with some more footage and being less hungover while trying to film. (was very nearly sick a couple of times) :sick:
Hungover + fisheye lense or long zoom + car + motion = ill and green face lol.

Its such a shame that you guys can't see the high res copy it looks SO much better, anyway as i said its not finished yet and im not gonna get any work done on it through the week so ill finish it this coming weekend and post up the results. wasnt going to post this up yet (till it was finished) but ed hosted it and i was showing him the results anyway then he convinced me.

That video has transfered over 4 gigs in about 20 hours!!!

I do love that micra and will be fun racing it down the strip when my supercharger CGA3 conversion is done! :D since the vid says your be getting a carbon bonnet, does this mean your current one may be for sale soon? if so pm with details when it does.

Off topic posts moved to a relevent thread.

Since this thread has been posted, the video has been viewed over 900 times and used over 6gb of data!!

:) Mad stuff!

should make a fusion motorsports DVD with all the cars youve done and some arsing about at santa pod, JAE, Donny etc etc
and make the begining like a documentary style hystory of the micra..... through the generations k10 k11 and that other one,,,,,,
lol

have you concidered the individual throttle bodies, plenum chamber turbo design used on most big bhp skylines and SR20's?

surely that 70mm throttle body is causing a bit of a bottleneck. is it not?

if you had some nice 40mm throttle bodies...and a lovely polished aluminium or carbon fibre plenum chamber mmmmm

extra 40bhp easily if not more......

like this if your unsure..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/DBull/MicraNewbits001.jpg

Nice but not necessary. A single throttle body is fine. you do not need to go multiple TB on such a car, however a decent plenum is a nice thing to have. And yes the stock TB is definately causing a problem. The cams however are more of an issue.

aaah. cool.

oh and if you know of anyone getting rid of their turbo (hint hint) ill have it off you. lol

discounted price obviously. hehehe

its the only bit i need, apart from a little mini ED sitting on my shoulder mapping the ecu for me.. haha

but yeah i see what you mean. bigger single throttle body and then cams.......has the head been gas flowed or is it relatively standard?

woooo 1001 posts....sorry

amazing video, and credit to Ed for the work aswell alot musta gone into that... will be amazing to see it go down the Santa Pod :D

have you concidered the individual throttle bodies, plenum chamber turbo design used on most big bhp skylines and SR20's?

surely that 70mm throttle body is causing a bit of a bottleneck. is it not?

if you had some nice 40mm throttle bodies...and a lovely polished aluminium or carbon fibre plenum chamber mmmmm

extra 40bhp easily if not more......

like this if your unsure..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/DBull/MicraNewbits001.jpg

Surely the stock TB isn't 70mm?

That's the same size I have and it sure isn't restrcitive.

Dave your correct, I didn't expand on that enough. The pipe connection is is 70mm think the throat diameter at the point of the butterfly is more like 40mm. Certainly far from ideal.

so theres a lot more to be had with "basic" mods. well i say basic,
breathing.

that makes 201BHP even more impressive..... so with cams, head work, maybe crank the boost up a bit......

do you think 300bhp is a possibility?

im thinking that with all those forged internals and the amount of time that has gone into this that with some "relatively" minor modifications 300bhp is not impossible.

did i hear correctly that 201bhp was on a safe map?...... if so, if the boost was wound up to optimum levels, added cams, a bigger throttle body (well bigger than the 40mm one) an maybe water injection........ easily...

haha
cant wait to see where this progresses to...

It wont make 300 on the current turbo. But yes that shows how much more room for improvement there still it.

I think that the engine could get away with a GT28RS with the smaller 0.64AR exhaust housing.

I know the engine is only a 1.4 litre (well 'ish), but some of the RGT5 turbo boys use it and the lag isn't as bad, due to the turbo design and bearing choice.

What blower is on there at the moment?

GT25?

Cheers

Dave

Currently it has a GT25R. Turbo choice is a compromise, it was felt (and may still hold true) that for an all round road car (this was never designed with track or drag racing in mind) that anything larger would push the boost threshold just a bit too far, and spoil normal road performance. I have plenty of other turbo choices for it, should James want more :)

In development. Totally unknown at the moment, depends how much they are to have produced.

Back