Keeping your Micra secure

skymera

Brutal Honesty
So my beloved Micra suffered some vandalism the other day. I'm a little paranoid now :confused: and feel like I want to park it in my bedroom overnight.

I love my car, more than I probably should, but then so does most people on here? ;)

It has NATS but no alarm. I could get an alarm? But I feel that it would be a pain and just be unreliable.

My other idea was a small camera, mounted to the rear window facing forward to record activity overnight, so if anything else does happen, i'd have them on video.

A driveway or garage is out the question as we don't have one and the garage is being used. The street is very busy and sometimes you have to park round the corner or in another street!

How do you guys protect against vandalism? I know it's practically impossible to stop anything happening but I'd like to hear your ideas :)

I don't feel as though I was targeted. I think my car was just out of view and stood out amongst the rest. I've had cars vandalised before and many of the neighbours cars have in the past.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
yeh mate alarm,,even cheap one helps,,deterents,also randomly come out the house now n then and eye up any suspect walking by,have a tool ready though = good policing init

also changed nats light for a much brighter one,,visible deterent

OP
OP
skymera

skymera

Brutal Honesty
yeh mate alarm,,even cheap one helps,,deterents,also randomly come out the house now n then and eye up any suspect walking by,have a tool ready though = good policing init

also changed nats light for a much brighter one,,visible deterent

Good ideas :) Will look into an alarm and another light for the NATS as it's not very visible!

Have a tool ready :p

pollyp

Club Member
audiable alarm are mostly ignored prob cos they're more of a nuisance from false alarms. I'm researching and much prefer a silent cellular alarm that rings me rather than shout at neighbours who's asleep.

I keep mine in a garage and would rather sacrifice garage storage and hassle of driving in/out than to have it damaged on the street.

any car can be damaged or taken given enough time, knowledge and motivation even with nats. just depends on how valuable and easy oppurtunity the thief wants it

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
I feel the pain mate, couple of months ago I come outside to see the lock on my drivers door is buggered, alongside the handle which has been clearly been pulled about real hard in the night.

I got a cheap alarm and my car has NATs too. Fitted the alarm light on the dash in a way that makes it obvious that it's aftermarket. Also I've set the sensitivity quite high, so when the scumbag children are playing football in the street instead of the giant ass field next to my house because they're dumb as ****, if they hit the car, which they do, it gives them a good yelling at.

I've bought a couple of small TOAD alarm system stickers aswell which sit in the glass of the front doors. It all helps.

I hate the fact that we live in a world where we have to arm our cars to the teeth with security. Where's the love, man?

It's a shame a people take time out of there sad lives to vandalize a good looking car. Pretty pathetic!
I say train up a guard dog and have it sit next to your car. Who needs all these high tech alarms eh ;)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

It's a shame a people take time out of there sad lives to vandalize a good looking car. Pretty pathetic!
I say train up a guard dog and have it sit next to your car. Who needs all these high tech alarms eh ;)

Yeah its very pathetic! I don't think my Jack Russel is much of a guard dog haha

Jay101

Black&Yellow
I remember watching a tv programme once, of a south African who had a merc or similar luxury vehicle. His car security was a 12ft python on the dash.:p

I remember watching a tv programme once, of a south African who had a merc or similar luxury vehicle. His car security was a 12ft python on the dash.:p

Aye that would probably do the trick! :p
Must have been a big ass dashboard for that to fit on it!

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
my car protection
temporary-91.jpg

sorry not a good pick was taken on my phone

D

Deleted member

how about a clifford alarm system, cheap house camera, and a double barrel shotgun, and buy 2 pigs to eat they remains:D

just an idea:confused:

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
How about a big ass Alsation that could sleep on the back seat at night? Anyone messing with the car would wake it up to a barking, snarling frenzy, probably **** themselves and leggit away :D.

no jay you cant hit them with the dildo lol

Being hit with it's probably not what they'd be scared of :eek: :D.