Speakers only work with lights on

C

Claire@

I have just installed a panasonic headunit into my k11, problem is the headunit has power all of the time, but only sound comes out of the speakers when i turn my sidelights on. Can anyone help me please? Thanks

Have you installed the Head Unit using the universal ISO connector? Or have you wired it directly into the Nissan wiring setup?

Well thats even more confusing, I was going to suggest that a feed had been taken from the wrong wire - but if your using a ISO harness then that is really unlikely. Sorry :(

i would take a look at the wires as i noticed that not all mine connected up right with the iso connector i had to my pioneer hu only one or so wires were mixed up but i think u prob have same problem so just check n c if switchin a wire or 2 will help

any idea which wires i would need to look at as my friend has the same car and everything looks the same. very confusedfwn

Thats a strange problem.........if the headunit is getting power (is it actually turning on) then it should output sound, no matter what!

Or are you saying its only getting standby power?

Usually there is an illumination wire which only gives 12V when the lights are on, so it could be something to do with this.

no it tunes into radios stations but no sound comes out untill I switch my side lights on

sounds like an earth has been crossed along your headlights with the wire for your speakers. Get a volt meter out and check all the earths for high resistances.

Daz :alien:

The radio is earthed throught the antenna, there is no ground wire coming from the loom.

Claire@ said:
The radio is earthed throught the antenna, there is no ground wire coming from the loom.

Its actually normally earthed through the cage and and then into the screw fixings on the right hand side (as these go to earth), but with an aftermarket it will be using the aerial. Therefore it might be worth fitting a dedicated earth wire....

Still not sure on the main matter though, very weird! Unless the earth is the cause of the problem.

Back