Distortion in speakers and a man driven to madness

Hi guys, new to this site and new to kiting up cars so sorry if this sounds alittle dum.
Have been trying to get a sound system installed in my K11 for a fue months now…
Got a new headunit….. little teething trouble; had to run a new earth lead to the battery
Got a sub and amp…..works perfect
Just got some Vibe SEK60 Components after the cheap JVC ones I got sounded crap….

Spent hours wiring the new vibes to the doors and was extremely happy with em…..
LOUD, BASSY, CLEAR…..
But then turning the ignition on and firing up the car…. The speakers crackle, the voices distort to a wight noise and the bass dies….. turn the key off one click and the speakers are back blasting out bad boy Gangster sounds….

Driving me MAD!!!! Any ideas what could be wrong??
Thought it could be because I simply connected on to the old speaker cable… but then I don’t know why it would only happen when the engines on…..

Thanks for your patience guys

(LX stands for LightSpeed)

why did you have to run a earth lead to the battery for you could have earthed it to the centerconsole fella from the black cable on your iso i will get a pic up for you

thanks buddy, any help is apreciated....
i run the earth cable to the battery after advice from a mate, as i said first time iv tryed to do this so kinda just goin on what people have told me along the way... seemed to work at the time thoe,could that be part of the problem with the sound distortion?

was having a fiddle around with the loom coming out of the head unit today and disconnected the sub wires... realised its where id connected the sub audio up to that was creating the crackle.... (a quick bodge that went bad) now speakers are loud, bassy and clear ALL THE TIME!!!!
thanks for the advice on the earth lead..

Back