New speakers

Right,

I'm looking to get some new speakers for my k11. I have a Sony HU which i just had installed so now i'm looking for speakers. I want to replace the front speakers and also have some rear parcel shelf speakers as well. I don't intend on having a bass box, but would still like a reasonable 'thump'. So what do u guys recommend, oh yeah I don't really want to have to change anything on the door cards, so straight swaps would be nice. I would also like to use the rear speaker cable that is already in the micra if possible.

My initial thoughts, on the advice of some friends, was infinity brand speakers as these are meant to be quite good, my ate suggested 6*9's in the back...

Any thoughts as to makes, sizes etc..

Thanks for any help, sry bout the long post!

Chris

i have got the infinity 6x9's, dunno what music u listen to but i listen to hip hop and give a very good "thump"..i am getting some alpine front speakers in the next few days, i think..from experience that sometimes only havin the 6x9's and the factory speakers i always wish that there was more power up front, seeing as you will obviously be sitting up the front of the car, so thats where u want the speakers..

for the front speakers you will need them to be 6.5inch or 16.5-17 cm's and for the mounting depth, if i remember correctly anything over 54mm will require spacers..

If it was me i would probably go for the front speakers first, then the 6x9's..

i listen to quite a wide range rock/metal/progressive/pop/alternative stuff.

Mainly I listen to progrssive stuff so the system needs to be an overall good performer being able to cope with soaring highs as well as some very fast very deep bass elements.

If you go for the 6x9's in the back they will be louder than the front speakers therefore all the sound will sound like it is behind you. Sorta like turning away from your fav band at their gig. So you would be better going for high quality front component speakers. I just installed some "In Phase XT 5C" 's and they sound pritty good. They don't seam to be able to handle too much bass but then they are only 5" speakers (there is also the In Phase XT 6C, 6.5" version).

You should realy think of getting a sub rather than 6x9's to get your bass. Vibe do some realy good active subs for the money, but I guess you don't want one because of the room they take up in your boot. There is the Mac Compact 220 which is meant to be quite small

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk - they have a good range as do
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk

Back