Speakers

B

Bennai

what uprated speakers do people use,

do you choose coaxials or components for the front
and what do you use in the rear

if anyone has pics id be grateful

just planning the install at the mo so im open to ideas

also has anyone had the problem of popping there back windscreen out?

what sound deadening materials do you use for your installs

Any help is much appreciated

I personally would not bother with rear speakers. Up front it's up to you, if budget allows then components are the best option, if on a tighter budget then co-ax's. Also with components you have the option of having two and three way setups as well as running passive and active set ups.

f your running a big systems then personal i would go for fornt components. Its quite a big debate on what sound deadining to use but personally i used ivanhoe for the boot and doors. then i crammed every nook and cranny with loft insulation (sounds daft but it works realy well). I really dont think you have to worry bout the backwindscreen. i was running two 900 watt subs on a 1200 watt amp and the window didnt even move. hope it all goes well.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
i was running two 900 watt subs on a 1200 watt amp and the window didnt even move. hope it all goes well.

Then I bet you werent running anywhere near 1200wrms ;)

I'm running just over half that power at the moment, and my boot and window can flex quite a bit! It's also Dynamatted (Extreme) throughout.....!!!

Back to the original question, as Hugh says, if you have the budget go with some components. You can create a better sound stage as you will have more flexibility with tweeter positioning, crossover frequencies, etc.

Then just amp up those front components, and you're well on your way :)

components it is then, ill have to strecth the budget,

what tweeter posistions do ppl think is best

Depends on many things, different strokes for different folks so to say.

This is where Blutack or the like is your friend, as you can use it to test locations to help get the right sound for you.

i went for mine in the corner of the front windscreen sort of near the a piller. this was the best sound for me after trying multiple locations. especially if you want to be neat when running wires. repestister ,nah it was bout 600 watt to each sub.

Some K11s (like my SR) already have tweeters in the pillar, I'll try and get a pic of the location of them...

Then the audiophiles can say if it's a good position or not ;)

i heard tweeters are best facing away from you,,i know jack crap about ICE,but my mate is really good with them,and just heard wot he says really

also blue tack is best for finding out the best place for them,like said above

Here they are... Sorry about the poor quality.

I'm also interested to know if that location is a good place for comps as I've got some ordered and I'd ideally like to keep the original grilles (sleeper speakers :D)

Attachments

• Picture(61).jpg
    Picture(61).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 227
  • Picture(72).jpg
    Picture(72).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 235
Not bad. Not ideal, but not bad :)

The problem with the one on the drivers side is that the instrument binical would be in the way, causing high frequency sound waves from the tweeters to be reflected off of it = not ideal.

Should be fine for your uses though :)

One of the best places to have tweeters is down in the corners of the footwells, as kickpanels. As it creates a 'rainbow' imaging effect and if setup properly can sound awesome. However micras lack space for this.

I've placed mine just slightly higher up in the A-pillars than the stock location, as it sounded the best to me, and gave me the best soundstage and imaging (i.e. vocals being heard from directly in front of me, almost as if they are coming from outside the car through the windscreen). You cant tell that the vocals are coming from the left or right tweeter, which to me, is excellent :)

thanks guys, this is good advice,

im looking at 2 sets of comps now, there both rockford fosgate as im planning a rockford fosgate install,

these are the 2 sets

i can get them for better prices as i no a rockford fosgate dealer

however people have sed that comps with 4 tweeters are not going to be good,

You havent attached the link.........!

You also dont need 2 sets of components, one set with a proper dedicated external amp will be much better. The amount of treble would also cut off your head when using 2 sets of tweeters!

One vital question, what is your budget? Then I can recommend a few component sets myself :)

All you need is a set of components to give you the High end of the audio (Treble) and to give you the mid range. and Either One Sub or Two whichever you want to give you the Low end of the audio for the Bass.

i have components in the door panels which i have modified to fit them and two subs in boot which is plenty of humph to get you loving the music :)

oh btw after reading through this its best to have the tweeter not facing directly at you. You want the sound waves to BOUNCE off something so it aint as loud to your ears and making you deaf with the high treble.

One pair of components is all you need. Another set is irrellivent and wont make any difference.

theres no chance of ur window smashing like, Stew is running something like 147dB and his inst going anywhere Thats was also before he had the car soundproofed.

As for tweeters, best position is where the kickpanels are as Pete says, im sure i seen a pic on one of the micra forums of a guy who had fibreglassed and mouled his into his exisiting KP. Anway thats just my tupopence

Big_ben said:
theres no chance of ur window smashing like, Stew is running something like 147dB and his inst going anywhere Thats was also before he had the car soundproofed.

What meter was that taken on?! I'm only hitting 142dB and I've got over 1kwrms just for the sub alone and a dirty great big ported box!!!

And I dont get that 4 tweeter speaker setup, you dont really need, or want 4! I can understand 3-way components with three different speaker sizes (i.e. 6.5", 4" and tweeter) but with two tweeters you'll be killed by the treble o_O

dunno what meter but he has 4 15" subs and 2 sets of comps! He got it measured properly somewhere and that was before he had it soundproffed - he since had 3 layers of dynomat put on the roof.

Isnt it the case that after 130Db, the volume dobles or summit every 1db?

Anyways speak to him - he got his work done properly at BM

lol - im gonna get some work done by them soon hopefully btu they dont come cheap - at all!

Back