Sound interferance after install!

I have recently fitted a new head unit a set of 6x9s, 2 amps and a bass tube to my k11 1.0 16v p-reg it plays fine when engine not turned over but as soon as you turn her on i get serve interferance. Can anyone PLEASE help or suggest anything to help me as cant wait to have decent tunes in her. I have no interferance when amps turned off. So head unit fine. :k11motors

What does the interferance sound like?

pulse?
white noise?
whistling? or whirring?

I assume white noise is to do with bad earth?

With my HiFi connected to my computer, it picks up all the hard drive noise, which can be annoying if you haven't got any music playing, so I assume using non shielded cables, or general electrical interference makes whistling and whirring?

Pulse - Power too close to speaker wires or speakers themselves.
White noise - Bad earth
Whistling/whirring - electrical interference, can also be bad earth.

Im sure i've missed somthing but im not sure at the moment.

My speakers have a ticking noise through them whilever the engine is running, the faster it revs the faster it ticks, guessing its something to do with the ignition side of things?

tried new coil, and condenser thing, still does it, what could it be and how to get rid of it?

Bad earths are responsible for most problems from my experience. And run your RCA cables the opposite side down the car to your 12V.

Back