New install from scratch, help please.

Well as i am sure i have mentioned in several of my posts i am picking my car up in 2 days and really cant wait.
It has a totally standard system in and i am wanting to hook up some 6x9s, (already have them), headunit, (already have that) and an amp and sub.
I am a total novice at this and whilst i can deal with the headunit the rest is somewhat problematic for me. Any help and advice would be much appreciated, thanks in advance :grinning:

Just read up on my headunit and it has a Subwoofer Output with Level/Frequency Control. does this mean i can connect the amp direct to this and no need to conect it to the battery or does this still need to be done? my head unit is the JVC KD-G430

hey Timmy80: ill try and explain simply but hopefully "Retepetsir" and others here can help you out aswell!

the amp will still need power from the battery.
you will need a wiring kit (halfords, ebay) http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-autoleads-pc4-20_p-22583.htm

all amp principles are the same. needs power (red cable), remote wire (blue cable), earth (black, brown cable) and speaker wire (clear cable)

regarding the 6 x 9 i cut my parcel shelf, but you could add them anywhere technically.
if you stand facing your boot, and if you pull the carpet away to your right behind the rear light clusters you will see a white connector with four pins in it. these are you rear speaker wires :) just add yout + and - 6 x 9 wires to these

run the amp power cable through a gromit in the passanger side foot well and you can hide this and remote lead under the carpet. earth point in the boot on the car body :)

can get you pics of my install if it helps?

heres a pic of a custom install i did for my girlfriend
Photo-0121.jpg

Pics of your install would be awesome!!!
You have answered my main questions i think so thank you very much for that, but yeah, pics are always handy :grinning:

My install not that great lol but it would show you the layouts of wires etc and what to do.
have a look at "roberts install" and "Retepetsir install" for ideas.
unless you intend to just buy a sub already boxed?

Aww, thanks Naps for linking to my install! Lol.

It's really not hard mate, I had NO experience of wiring in speakers or anything when i did mine and had no problems (other than blowing a fuse, but that was my headunits fault!)

No more questions right now thanks, we shall have to see how it goes and be sure it will all be included in a blog! Cheers for the help!

Back