Stereo Help GETTING EXTRA SIGNAL

W

winstonerogers

Hi guys i really need your help.
Ok here is my ice,

Head Unite: Alpine IVA-W200RI (DVD PLAYER etc)

my car has :
4 speakers running from the head unit (17cm)
4 tweeters running from head unit
2 6x9 running from an AMP
2 Subs running from an AMP
1 Sub running from an AMP
2 0.5 Farad Capacitors
1 1.0 Farad Capacitor

now my problem is when i turn the volume to zero or turn the head unit of or on (i think mostly when i turn off), or when i change tracks, or when i change source i get a signal sent to my speakers regardless of amp, so i get a big thump for a quick second. Same thing happend with the amps off.

please note i get the quick thump through all speakers, its really annoying and when you have a big sub and amp like mine if you roll up in a quite area and turn your stereo off you will hear a big thump.

What could this be please help

Thanks!!

That's quite a collection......why 3 subs? I'm guessing they are of different makes/sizes?

Oh, and the capacitors don't do anything, you might as well make some money and sell them.

Most amps should have a soft turn on/off circuit which prevents the noise...have you tried re-doing your earths?

Can you tell me what models/makes of amp/sub you have?

Also, 4 speakers and 2 subs should be plenty, you really dont need the 6x9's and extra sub!

Hi OK
the 6x9 are infinity i thinkk 330w and is powered by a sony 250w amp

the 2 subs are both 12" pioneer 1200w (each) running of a kenwood 1000rms amp i think

and the other sub is a 12" pioneer 3000w running of a JBL amp 1000w rms i think

and as i said my door speakers which dont run through amps still make the sound (which means the amps earth has nothing to do with it and the HU is standard ISO) and no soft on off settings

the caps have stopped my lights dimming regardless of what ppl say

Check every earth cable in your car.. alternator, battery, chassis, etc.. Apparently 4 gauge is the best for these applications and obviously make sure that the place you're grounding to is clean and free of paint.

Ok,
found the problem
the earth on my JBL amp was disconnected.

You guys are smart!
Can anyone give a reason why it caused my speakers to pop?

Thanks

the amp tried to ground out through your RCA cables, this caused a power drop which made the noise, btw this damages your head unit so be careful in future

Back