expert sound system advice

R

RAJA

KEVs thank you very much, just to help people help help me
1.My budget would be about £250-350(on the grounds that amps can be dear) but thats only for amp, 6x9's and front speakers and the neccessary wiring kit.
2. i have a y reg micra s 2door and the front speakers must be covered by the micra grills(dont know if that will help)
3. i am strictly looking for sound not looks .
4... i want my experts to recommend becos you will know best sound frequencies , outputs etc
5.head unit will/may/shud b Pioneer DEH-80MP on grounds it is 60 x 4 and unless experts recommend something better in terms of sound for the budget of £170 note i will be buying of ebay so if the price is close enought it shudnt matter but mind you theres like 2 hrs before the auction ofa second hand 80mp ends

(which? doesnt allow free access to reviews ofaudio products of such nature) -odd and wen the experts have come to a consensus i will buy the products and and show the install on my Y reg micra..........thanx abunch in advance long live msc

if i was you id not have 6x9's and go for a sub instead will give you much better results.

with a budget like yours id buy

amp:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4842

componants:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2988

Sub:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4578

Sub box:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3257

all that just about 300 quid! i know people are going to start going dont get that its crap , its not crap its budget and will give you a great sound for your pound!

with the amp will use 2 channels for the componants and two channels bridged for the sub.

the only thing i might change from the list are the componants i suggested , i know they are shallow and should fit in the standard micra places and they do sound good but they do lack a slight bit of mid range that i like from componants so it might be worth doing your reasearch into what will fit and spend a bit more ££

thnx mate for the help genuinely appreciated looks like everyone has got it in for me or cant be bothered

They'll reply soon enough!! Some of them are just lazy and don't want to type more than a sentence lol!!! Have you tried searching for any old threads on ICE installs?!! There's prob quite a few about!!

Raja if u want me to have a look at ur car and see what you want doing can recommend a few stuff for your budget :)

You live in Chadderton dont you?

andy i live in oldham , i left a note on your car i think , i work at my pops place nxt door at Rose Tissues(im here now) .. .. if im right and it is yourself whos car i left a note on then , i could always hook up with you like at my pops place b4 u finish work ..jus giv us a time.............and Ems thanx for the advice i realised i may b classed as another donut posting the same question .. thing was i was lookin for expert advice (not just recommendations) in relatiion to my own personal budget and wot my system shud compose of in relation to my sound needs not jus for eg pure power thanks a bunch u guys again

I havent got it in for you RAJA, just not got much time free atm, I'm frantically trying to finish an engineering project for my electrical engineering course at university!

I'll have a closer look when I can :)

click here for amp (£129.99)

This is a decent budget amp and will allow you to run both your front speakers and 6x9's.

click here for 6x9's (£99.99)

Again pretty much budget equipment, but will match well with the amp

click here for speakers (£119.99)

rainbow's lower range of there component speakers, I think standard fitment in the micra is 5.25"?

or these

click here for speakers (£84.99)

Again very good budget equipment and very good for the price.

Then you'll need a wiring kit, click here (£9.99)

total price = £359.96 or £324.96

You'll have a very well balanced system that will deliver a clean crisp sound, with decent quality budget equipment that should met your needs just fine.

Kev

thnx a lot kev appreciated ...and Retepetsir I like all sorts of music - old classics (bill withers - aint no sunshine- u get the idea) , a lil pop , a lil rock (very little), but i mainly listen to hip hop , niche (speed garage) and asian music - i dnt neccessary want a system wich thumps out heavy bass , rather i value real crisp sound - i dnt know if that description will be of any help at all but ill still wait for your valued expertise regardless -
thanks again kev and crew again

so Andy your work place is like right next door to Rose Tissues where i work /supervise during the evenings , jus tell us the time you finish work or have lunch im sure i would be able to meet you there.. and to confirm you have probly got the nicest micra in oldham i can remember driving past it back and forth .. again and again lol

i appreciate all the help so far .... i patiently anticipate more help :laugh:

i dont work there mate. i just park there sometimes if im working far away and i share lifts. Some days i drive and others days others drive. I finish at 4:30pm and normally there between 4:40pm and 5pm if theres a car parked up there lol.

I agree with wildti a sub would be well worth it.

Also if your buying an amp for the front and rear speakers why are you worried about the HU output?
RAJA said:
Pioneer DEH-80MP on grounds it is 60 x 4

If you bought well cheap you could get, an amp, front and rear speakers, a subwoofer & amp, wiring kit and delivery for like £200. But at the end of the day you normally get what you pay for, Kevs list is good if your sure you dont want a sub & want to max out your budget.

Back