major stereo install

A

alexbaker

after the ashton meet i will be removing my back seats and starting to build my stereo, its a big secret about the subs and the amps i will be getting but in the end it will blow your head off, there is going to be alot of sound proofing, wood cutting, carpeting, wiring ect to do, but i might just leave it until i have all the equipment required for the install so i can do it all at once instead of over a period of several months, i wanted it to be ready for the north west meet in ashton but there is no way of that so i will do it afterwards, just in time for great summer. im hoping to have 6 12" subs running off 6 bass amps and genesis components at the front, and i have a friend who is at college doing engineering who is sorting my custom steering wheel with a 5" screen in the middle. im not going anywhere near pheonix gold stuff coz they are poo. im still drawing up some ideas of how to have my install but nothin concrete yet.

if anyone has any ideas of a great looking build that could handle 6 12" subs then let me know, i will sort some pictures out as the process goes on

ur gonna have trouble getting all that to fit in the back of a micra when you conside you can only get 2 12" subs in the boot of it so that means you gotta get 4 12" subs in the back seating area + the 6 amps. It sounds a bit unrealistic but if you can do it, i wish you all the best - PG is not poo

Well, it will be very hard to do mate, but yea i think it could be done. Agree with ben, pheonix gold is good, but its up to you really. Draw a picture in paint to show us how you plan to do this.
Titch :kungfu:

i think it is possible, i saw a guy in one of the car mags with a saxo with 6 12" subs in the back but all he had done is made a massive black box that took up the whole back half of the car...

Lol, sounds mad!!! Make a wall in the boot then have a tunnel of the subs behind the seats. Should look sweet hehe. Then put a camera in the rear window as a rear view mirror. :D

yeah dan, i was thinking that, a sound wall might be your best option but it means seperating back from front

6 subs off of 6 amps? The point is?

Might as well go for 2 or 3 bigger amps and run them off of those. To be honest, 6 subs is pointless.

What type of power are you thinking about running?

If you want an awesome build - wall your car.

i.e. big solid box right up to the B pillar, with the subs facing the windscreen. Fit 3 12's in with a nice big port, with the amps in the boot.

If your running the setup you say you are, you'll need some serious power upgrades.

You say its a 'big secret' as to the subs/amps you are getting. Any clue? Please dont let it be Sony/Kenwood, etc....

quality headunit with 3 rca outs

2-3 big amps

if thinkin of splitting the signal 2/3/4/5 times such a drain on RCA outputs can **** the headunit

Attachments

• IMG_4688.jpg
    IMG_4688.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 243
I would place a bet that I could make 3 subs in a big ported box and decent power, louder than 6 subs in small sealed enclosures.....

Wouldnt have such a flat response curve however.. but would be more efficient at the port frequency.

Yes

Well I still think it's a bit pointless going for 6. 3 ported would drop like anything!

If you have the balls - wall your micra with big power :)

Back