Sound deadening

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Anyone ever do a full sound deadening job on a k10,thinking about doing it on the st,the rattles ,road noise etc is driving me to the point that I don't like driving the car. Can someone pm me or reply on their opinions and how they completed the job ,thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0375.JPG
    DSCF0375.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCF0376.JPG
    DSCF0376.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 379
i have had sound deading fitted on my roof, inside my doors, inside my rear 1/4's inside my spare wheel well and inside my boot lid! its makes an amzaing diffrance...as quiet as a lexus lol.

yup flashing tape is awesome Rich came up with the idea some time ago, i did all the doors and under the carpet on my last few k10's made the car loads quiter on the motorway and got rid of lots of rattles

Also you can use silicone etc to stick between areas of vibration. That also helps.

yup flashing tape is awesome Rich came up with the idea some time ago, i did all the doors and under the carpet on my last few k10's made the car loads quiter on the motorway and got rid of lots of rattles

Any pics?

Also you can use silicone etc to stick between areas of vibration. That also helps.

Yeah the silcone is good alright I have a seriously annoying rattle in the drivers door at the moment and I'm dreading have to take the door card off again as it starting to fall apart any Ideas Ed?

Here's a generic tutorial

http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/content.php?contentID=19
This stuff is supposedly much easier to work with...just cut and stick.

https://www.stage1customs.com/index.php?page=shop&subpage=hushmat&gclid=CPesj6_U05gCFQcupAodVDPXrA

I've not attempted it myself though. Let us know how you get on.

Thats very helpfull thanks mate,I wonder will the extra weight be noticable

i done the back of my k11 after i stripped it for the same reason, road noise was terrible, my dad works at a busbuilders and he got me loads of top quality soundeding foam and i went mad with it! :p,, it came in big slabs and i just neatly sortof stuffed it and cut it up into every space i could find, i never really noticed any extra weight, even if there was a tiny bit, its worth it cuz now i dont get a sore head after driving. lol.

ive got nothing in my car at all.... lol all the sound deadening stuff has gone... but i can now hear anything going wrong with my car..

Any pics?

fraid not chap, its just your basic flashing tape avaliable at B&Q in the roofing Ilse :) you can get a fair amount for £20

its just like the sound deadning stuff you can buy just a tiny bit thinner but not by much, the acoustic sound deadning stuffs a right bloody rip off if you ask me

Thats very helpfull thanks mate,I wonder will the extra weight be noticable

No worries, man. I think if your going to make it into a road car it would be worth while, regardless of weight. With your new shocks you could end up with a really nice quiet and smooth ride on a 20year old car... totally hot imo :D Gonna have to do this myself!!

as for adding weight the 3 rolls of flashing tape i used in total didnt weigh the car down on the way back from B&Q ;) was less than a kg in weight and that included the cardboard roll the flashing tape was wrapped around ;)

I need to do this as well! This cars still pretty bad, bit in the Super S, when i drove from london back to hull, but the time i arrived i was practically going mad with the road noise lol!

sorted the squeaks out ceirwan i just filled the doorcards in the back with the wooly stuff i did my sub box with and put some foam strips between the parcel shelf and its track ;) job done

No worries, man. I think if your going to make it into a road car it would be worth while, regardless of weight. With your new shocks you could end up with a really nice quiet and smooth ride on a 20year old car... totally hot imo :D Gonna have to do this myself!!

Yeah I suppose would be nice to have the whole thing done have to do inside the firewall to ,It'll be like a merc. I've a mag feature on the car coming up so I'll pull it apart then and do it. Long journeys are quite annoying with the road noise etc.I think I'd like driving it abit more often if it was nicer to be in but I hope it does'nt take away from the character of the car

sorted the squeaks out ceirwan i just filled the doorcards in the back with the wooly stuff i did my sub box with and put some foam strips between the parcel shelf and its track ;) job done

Yeah i should have done that but sort of lost interest in the car, ive done loads to this already!
Sounds like it'll be a lot better, on short drives i used to leave with a grin on my face 'Awesome car!!!', on the long ones i thought if i ever see it again it'll only be too soon!

Yeah i should have done that but sort of lost interest in the car, ive done loads to this already!
Sounds like it'll be a lot better, on short drives i used to leave with a grin on my face 'Awesome car!!!', on the long ones i thought if i ever see it again it'll only be too soon!

Same as that

here are some picks...i have done sound deanding just to achieve that car is less vibrating...for dB drag purposes :p so looks is not important here...and beside....you cant actually see it because it is under the carpet etc... :grinning:

HPIM8658.jpg
HPIM8678.jpg
HPIM8707.jpg
HPIM8768.jpg

Back