Sony XS-F1727SE

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Received my new speakers today, not bad for the money (How they look anyway..)

The box says they're 17cm/6.75inches, will they fit the front of my K11?
I've read you need 6.5" and I've also read you need 17cm o_O

And does anyone have a guide on how to remove the door card? I get the gist of it, but I've no clue how to remove the clip holding the window winer on!

Window winder clip. You pull handle away from door and using a flat screwdriver, knock the C clip of its seat. As for putting door car back on, start with your door card towards the rear or the door and slide on pushing the card towards the front of the car. Hope you get it kinda hard to explain via text.

As for speaker size I thought they were 6.5"..:)

Window winder clip. You pull handle away from door and using a flat screwdriver, knock the C clip of its seat. As for putting door car back on, start with your door card towards the rear or the door and slide on pushing the card towards the front of the car. Hope you get it kinda hard to explain via text.

As for speaker size I thought they were 6.5"..:)

6.5inch is 16.5cm
These are 17cm so just 2.5mm bigger each side if you get me, should fit fine I hope :(

I'll have a look at the handle on Saturday morning, cheers :)

Do you have the circular mesh things on your door cards? Can cut them out and mount them onto the plastic so they are exposed. That's what I did in my old micra.

Jay101 said:
Do you have the circular mesh things on your door cards? Can cut them out and mount them onto the plastic so they are exposed. That's what I did in my old micra.

I do. I'm sure I'll find a way to make them fit if it's not straight forward.

As for wiring, just positive and negative? Does it matter which way round? What colour are each?

I've never wired speakers xD

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Only two wires, have to be a certain way. Negative is normally black. Doesnt matter if your wrong because if they do t work just switch them around. :)

Jay101 said:
Only two wires, have to be a certain way. Negative is normally black. Doesnt matter if your wrong because if they do t work just switch them around. :)

So long as I can't fry anything!
Gonna attempt tonight with the help of Chris :)

Just did this job, used alpine 6.5 sxe-1725s , took the existing spades out of the plastic plug (fairly easy job, certainly one seems designed to be removed, and didn't have to damage plug) and they fitted fine on the new terminals.
One of the speakers on each has a black line on, used that as -'ve. ( the two spades for each speaker were slightly different too, so easy to remember which one is which).
Just make sure you use the same on each side or they could cancel each other out ( will sound a little quieter on bass).

I think one of mine is wired backwards as it sounds a lot duller than the other.

Back