Something different?

I fancied a change from five spoke alloys etc.
so i got hold of some VW bottle tops and put them on my car and it now looks like this
cars005.jpg

cars004.jpg

Next up i'm going to paint the centres black and polish up the rim. if that doesnt look right i will spray the whole wheel white to get a rally look.
what do you guys think?

how come everyone recently is painting the rims black and polishing the rim. i thought modifing was about being individual. btw if you are gonna polish them it will take hours and hours. trust me!!!

cheers rich i like to experiment though ;) (only with wheels etc)
i admit black with polished rim is a bit samey in todays fashion, but on wheels like this? think this will be a one-off!
i'll keep you posted with progress
:)
thanks for all comments though dont mind good or bad just constructive would be good :)

Will defo look better when black and a polished lip,post pics when u have done it

Ok well her's what happened,
the first step was to grind of the volkswagen label.. cant be having that on my car
Wheelrefurb002.jpg

then we had to rub the rim back to the metal
bc335ad0.jpg

and after that it was polished to a nice and shiney surface which looked like this
Wheelrefurb004.jpg

then the centre was primed and painted then it looked just like this!!!!
Wheelrefurb005.jpg

dude if you want a mirror finish use a polihing kit, this basically comprimises of 2 wheel attachment that go on the end of your drill and some compund that you rub on. this is what i have done and they look awsome

nice, where can i get hold of one of these kits?
they look alot better than that pic, i'll get a pic of them on the car tomorrow

Loving the wheels Stuart, a set of those painted in white would look great on my K11 :)

Anyone want to do some for me? lol

Get some then, the volkswagen people are selling these wheels dirt cheap, got mine for £20 with 2 bridgestone and 2 pirelli tyres on them!
do something different :D you know it makes sense

Back