someone please help

R

RIK

rite as u no i have 1.6 k11,,i have used the 1.3 loom

i have wired the altonator up which i think is rite! it will run for a while and then blow the fuse grr so it cant be rite

on my 1.6 altonator ther are 3 termanals..1 male spade,and 2 threded post that have a nut on
the spade connection is ,B-
and the other 2 are ,B+ and D

the 3 wires i have from my 1.3 loom are
battery feed, WHITE/RED
dash warning light,YELLOW/RED
and dunno wot this is called but its ORANGE

ther mite not be a way of wiring this up,so i mite have to buy a different style altonator,

any help is good ,,:)

id say engine management - battery positive - earth :S

did you not check on either side which went were?

easiest would have been to look at the primera and jotted down were each one went. easy enough that way!

i have the manuals and i think its wired up correct,,as the battery light werks ,its charging the battery,,etc,,but after a while it blows the fuse runs the battery down to empty,and cuts out as thers no power left

i coudnt have looked at the primera engine wired up as i got it deliverd ,and with no loom,,i have asked every one i know with a ga16 powerd car to let me look at the altonator and thers are different to mine,,also j.a.kellys has a different one to me ,,maybe i shud get one of those and just copy his wiring?

thanks anyway

come to think of it. shouldnt the orange and the yellow go to the starter relay o_O
with the yellow going through the fusable link :eek:

and the red then going to the charge indicator (instrument panel) then to the fuse panel. im sure thats how i wired mine :S
i can check tomorrow for ya .lol
i can go out to shed and find a few diagrams i jotted down :S

:eek: try putting a resistor in parralel with the charge light :eek:
if you dont care about the charge light then you can use a resistor in circuit were the bulb would be

all i know is,,on the 1.3 loom ther is 1 conector block with an ORANGE wire and YELLOW wire going into it
ther is also the big thik WHITE n RED one that charges the battery

ther are 3 terminals on MY 1.6 altonator
1 is a big one that MUST be the battery charge wire
1 is a male spade connector
and the other one is a smaller version of the battery charging terminal

so i cut the connetor off as it had no use,,and that left me with 3 wires and 3 terminals..i have messed around with it and i MUST have it wired up rite as its the only way it all werks ,,BUT HOW CAN IT KEEP BLOWING FUSES??? grr,,i have tried 15 and 20amp fuse and these blow too,,

can i ask what else the fuse is connected to. as ui know this is strange but it could be summit else that keeps blowing it. like the reverse light etc. so everytime u select reverse it shorts out. thus blowing the fuse. then in turn the alternator not charging!

ps also do you have a voltage regulator on em o_O

so basically is there sumthing that you do (turna light on. do a certain thing) when the fuse blows. cos if it works for so long then i doubt it an issue witht eh alternator. and infact sumthing totally different you just dont realise it simply because it not related.

i suggest check what else connectss to the same fuse!, then check you charge light whenever you do sumthing related to that.

so if your reverse lights are connected to the same fuse. select reverse see if it blows the fuse. or turn headlights on etc etc etc.

i see wot your saying,but the light dosnt come on the dash saying no charge,it will just cut out,

i know your a k10 man but on the k11 ,infront of the battery the fuse box ther,,its in that i dunno wot else its linked to
cant see anything in haynes either

Alternators labelled B+, B- and D means Battery +. Battery - and Sense/Excite. I really don't know the K11, and don't have a manual in front of me, so you need to tell us what that fuse is for or does. If it is in the path between the alternator and battery, it sounds like overcharging is occuring... check the voltage on the B+ terminal on the alternator relative to the battery's negative.

ok,,it shud be reading no more than 14? am i rite??

the fuse is in between the batterey and altonator,in the engine bay and labeld,,ALT S
ill try and get a reading today if i can get hold of a meter

also ,,will it make a difference using the 1.3 battery?

If it's been charging for 10 minutes after starting, I'd expect an alternator to be putting out between 13.6V and 14.4V. A smaller battery shouldn't be a problem, but a faulty one can be. Does the car start ok and the battery work ok?

If the B- wasn't connected to the negative, then the alternator is floating and just tries to crank out as much voltage as possible, which again would blow fuses.

There are about 4 different types of alternator, and I don't know what is normally on a K11.

i have warning light to B-
battery feed to B+
the one that tels it to charge to D

and there is an earth further up the loom that connects to the mounting,,maybe this goes to the alternator

Again, I don't know the K11, but on most alternators, the warning light and field connection are the same thing, once the alternator is self-excited, the light turns off. I'm almost certain that B- should go to the negative of the battery, but at the moment B- is going to + through a small bulb. This would cause overcharging and hence blow the fuse.

Back