engine swop help please

help please..

iv got a nissan micra k11 93. im a 18 year old lad who after a quick er car but with 3 points i cant aford any fink. so im thinkin of puttin a nissan 1.6 engine in is it possible wt works needed... all i can fink of is..
custom engine mounts
custom drive shafts..
ent got a clue on wiring loom.. but if any1 does this please help me
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
please rite back or email me Thanks Jamie
[email protected]

yes it is possible I enquired about it a few months back and decided against it as it would have cost about £500 for a almera engine gear box etc and probable fitting I cant rememeber

you will need a completly different set of manifold bearings and it will have to be put in upside down as the 1.6 runs in the opposite direction

If you can't afford a quicker car with 3 points at 18, how will you afford the insurance when you declare it's had an engine swap to a GA16?

you will need a completly different set of manifold bearings and it will have to be put in upside down as the 1.6 runs in the opposite direction

i agree with nex, but i fink its a silly idea to put the engine in upside down, just reverse the drive shafts!

sorry to state the obvious here, but if u have 3 points already, why on earth do u need a quicker car (assuming you got done for speeding), u need to learn how to dodge the cops (experience and driving safely) if u want a faster car, a micra is an ideal starter car.

And remember you only have another 3 points to blow before you lose your licence (new drivers only get 6)... and getting another 3 points is easy, not wearing belts, doing 34mph in a 30 zone, on the mobile, 1 illegal tyre is 3 points alone (4 illegal tyres is 12 points). Etc etc.

I'm just trying to be obvious and sensible for you here, not to spoil your party by any means.

not wearing a seatbelt is just a £30 on the spot fine, no points as you dont have to have a licence to be a passenger obiously.

Back