Help please!

I bought some comline brake pads a while ago, put them in correctly, then realised the driver side wheel had smoke coming from it as the pads were binding making the wheel unfree.

So i took them out and put them in again, and same thing happened. So then i bought some blueprint pads and the same thing is happening again!

My caliper is free and pushes in and out with ease. So i put my old pads back in which are 2/3 worn and my car braking system works perfectly! what can be causing this to happen?

Do i grind the new pads down to eliminate this problem as they are too thick maybe? Someone please help, cheers.

Well, grinding them isn't a very good idea. You'll never get it as evenly surfaced as they are now. I'm not too sure why it is smoking though.

My dad is pi ssed off aswell now lol!

The caliper is free, the piston goes in and out easily. If its the caliper why is it driving fine now that i have put my standard original worn pads back in?

My dad also cant understand this aswell as ME!

???

I don't understand what you mean by making the wheel unfree? - Even though it smokes, does the vehicle still stop okay? Maybe they need worn in

When i put the new pads in, the disk and pads smokes when i drive off after a while at the driverside wheel only binding. But that caliper works fine and piston goes in and out with ease.

But when i put my old pads back in, all works well?

Why???

I really have no conclusion to this, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Make sure to bleed your braking system, then try the new pads.

Back