Some bad news

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
Well i was on the way home from work the other day and hit a massive hole in the road, lost control of the car and hit a big curb. i will update my blog with pictures but these give you an idea. its not all bad news tho as its all repairable and i have some very interesting stuff to go up on my blog soon.

Attachments

• Photo0105.jpg
    Photo0105.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Photo0106.jpg
    Photo0106.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Photo0107.jpg
    Photo0107.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Photo0108.jpg
    Photo0108.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 220
well stuffed eh dave :eek:, we,ve got some humdinger potholes around here too (all the councils are skint methinks fwn)

You can claim the damages back, my friend just got £700 back for 2 new alloys and tyres on his mazda 3

well stuffed eh dave :eek:, we,ve got some humdinger potholes around here too (all the councils are skint methinks fwn)

Unlucky Daveeeeee

Same here with the council issue. They're trying to avoid paying out saying they're not responsible for the damage to the roads caused by weather! Unbelievable.

happend to me ages ago new wishbone should sort it out mate. however i also bent the rear axle (they bend very easily with a curb whack)

get a full geometry check doen once its fixed mate, i ruin 4 new tyres as the axle was bent so slightly it couldnt be seen by eye :(

At least it's an easy fix, unless the chassis got twisted....

aye, ive had a good look and it looks like the wish bone absorbed most of the energy i will get some more pics up. ripped the drive shaft from the gearbox as well.

Well this will be a quick recovery as i've just received the wish bone! should have it back on the road by tonight, i can live with the wing for now but i will have it sorted.

Ooof its not as bad as that no damage to the box or the shaft, i've got pics of the car just after the accident (its a sad site) will post them all up in my blog. cost me £100 to get it recovered!! he only took me 2 miles!! time to join the aa i think.

ooophhh blimey....did you nut your head on the roof when it happened...HAHAHA LOL

#
pleased youre OK, it 'could' have been much worse if teh car steered itself into a fence-end!

for me, I find that one of teh hardest things to assess is teh approaching road surface. -> theres 5 moderate drains / holes on my commuting route...Im so used to them that I know they're there, but actually seeing them approaching from the distance is really difficult for me....<bump bounce!>

time to join the aa i think.

noooo sod-em!....once in a blue moon £100 is nothing....if you join up youll guarantee paying them £100 a few times between each blue moon even while you have a trouble free streatch!!

recovery...rollix!

if the potholes have been there for more than 3 months then the highways agency has to fix them. failure to do so leaves them open to prosecution for alowing the safe conditions of the road network to fall into disrepair.

They are liable for every repair needed on a public road, saying it is due to the weather means nothing. there is still a hole in the floor that has caused an accident. imagine you were on a motorbike and your front wheel hit that same pothole? you would quite easily be dead...,.. would the council still take the same view?
they are copping out. the roads in our town have been fixed (all of them) after one of the main roads into the town saw 3 near fatalities from motorcycles and a fatality from a car plowing into a padestrian area. all due to potholes.

if the hole has been reported and they dont fix it. they HAVE TO PAY COMPENSATION AND CAN BE TAKEN TO COURT!!

ok, need some help, i've fitted the new wishbone etc, but i've got issues. when jacked up and in gear you can actualy hold the wheel and stop it from turning, theres very little drive atall in the nearside wheel? the shaft is turning but little is happening. any ideas??

Shop around for tracking, ATS charged £30 (even tho my car has no PAS) and failed to spot my twisted wishbone. then after I changed my wishbone the local garage charged £12.50 and pointed out that my wheels were no good.

most of my local garages will check it for free and only charge if you agree to let them adjust it, dont pay for a check up it should be free at most good garages

Back