solenoid

It will only work as a remote central locking if you already have remote central locking, it is the correct solenoid for car however.

so i could use this with one of those kits that have the remote control as i went into a garage for a price to fit an alarm and they said i need a solenoid for the passengers door so this is the right thing

if you've already got central locking, but have a faulty actuator on the n/s, then buy the nissan one. then you can just buy a remote interface which'll work with the standard actuators/solenoids. it'll be loads easier than fitting the full universal kit.

im trying to find out ir i have a solenoid in my passengers door as when i went to a garage they said i need to put one in. my locking unlocks both dirver and passenger door by key from the drivers side but only the passengers side from the passengers side so do i need a solenoid or not

Right mate that is a totally different story...

Basically if i've understood you right, you already have Central locking as standard on your car....the garage that are to fit your alarm have told you to get a master Solenoid put in the passenger side?

this is not nessercery unless you want to open and close from both sides, by installing a master on Passenger side aswell...

Basically your drivers side is the master and the passenger side is the slave... by installing a Remote Central Locking Alarm you dont need a Master on both sides as when you hit the UNLOCK/LOCK both sides operate...

tell garage man to just install the remote central locking alarm, and dont bother with a pass master solenoid...

right cheers another thing are the alarms with keyless door entry and remote start any good that are on ebay

personally i wouldnt bother with remote start (never saw the benefit)... but just get a relatively cheap good quality one... and give it a go yourself... i usually only go to garage when i cant be bothered or totally f something up...

but a Remote Central locking system aint to hard... and paid members can use Demarest's Guide, which is a great help...

Back