Central locking problem

oldie

Club Member (Trial)
Hi, everyone. I have an 02 reg K11 Micra SE+ 1.4. For the last 6 months or so the doors will lock by themselves, either while I am driving or just after I push the alarm/central locking button on the key. I usually have to push the button on the key to release the lock then quickly open the door before they all lock again. The doors also lock themselves if I slam the passenger door. I have a professionally fitted alarm which is set when the button on the door key is pressed.
About 18 months ago, the car was burgled, the passenger window was broken, and amongst other things the spare key was stolen, so all the locks were changed. Can it be a problem with the door lock mech on the passengers side? Garage who originally installed the alarm charged me £50 and said they thought it was the door/lock servo (whatever that is) on the passengers side. They want £250 to replace it , but they are not even sure it's that. Any ideas, please. I looked at the circuit diagram in the Haynes Manual and it showed a switch and two motors in the locking assembly. Can it be the switch that's faulty? An internet search brought up a possible problem with the Body Control Module. Can I test this myself? I am an engineer so have lots of electronic testgear. Where is the BCM on my car? Your help would be appreciated. I probably could go to a local Nissan dealer, but would like to try to fix the fault myself if possible.
Many thanks.

Back