Central Locking Problem

Central locking stopped working last night. Works fine if i use passenger side lock, but only opens drivers door if i use drivers side lock. Any idea's???:confused:

curtis

Ex. Club Member
if you open it up from the passanger side, then lock it from the drivers side, does it lock the passanger door? the mechanism might have come loose

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
my central locking went, was the passanger side motor!

i could lock both doors from the passanger side, but from the drivers door, i could only lock its self, not the passanger door aswell!

curtis

Ex. Club Member
yeh because which ever door you lock from you are effectivly doing it manually, therefore not using the central locking....

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
yeh because which ever door you lock from you are effectivly doing it manually, therefore not using the central locking....

correct, which is what i was saying, so if you can lock passanger door and it locks drivers, then the drivers motor is ok!!!

if lock the drivers doors and id doesnt lock passanger aswell then the passanger motor maybe blown!!

which is what happened to me
naps

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Scott, my post above!!??

the mechanisium inside the door if operate manually from outside or inside doesnt use the central locking on that side if that makes sense, because you are manually moving the locking beam inside the door, which then triggers the passanger side to automatically lock? and vice versa?

Scott, my post above!!??

the mechanisium inside the door if operate manually from outside or inside doesnt use the central locking on that side if that makes sense, because you are manually moving the locking beam inside the door, which then triggers the passanger side to automatically lock? and vice versa?

So do you reckon that the passsanger motor is broken.

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
you have said that locking passanger locks both doors?
and
from drivers side it only locks itself!

this is what happened in my car, and after changing the passanger side motor, it is working perfectly (thanks to Nex for his help)

curtis

Ex. Club Member
if you've got a multi-meter around, check the connections for power (12V i guess), if its there then the motor has blown, but as nap is saying its 99% that....

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
no harm in taking door card off, under a 5minute job, just to see if the connector block leading into the motor is loose? or testing it!!!

just i think you should be keeping an eye out for "passanger side motor" from a micra or primera!

underneath the steering column is a black box, this is the central locking main control unit! see if any of those wires are loose!!

also sit inside the car, somewhere, where its quiet. close all the doors. from inside lock the drivers door!! you should hear a "tick" from the unit under the steering column! and try the same with the passanger, they should both "tick"!!!

hope this helps

ok this is going too sound silly but i have a little problem thats annoying me

in the super S K11's you have a little button on the driverside doorcard/armrest bit

it'snot a push in out one it's a push forward or back and it locks the doors for you whilst your in the car

when i push mine it only locks the passenger one and my driver side makes a weird clicky noise

yet my central locking it fine :S

Anyone Able Too Shed Any Light Onto This?

Bobby

frank

Club Member
ner-ection

sounds like your d/s servo has died !
all these problems with e/w, c/l, pas, aircon etc. all these gadgets theres so much more to go wrong !, we,re all turning into wooses !!!

frank

Club Member
ner-ection

i would take the servo off and plug it into the n/s loom plug, and check whether it was throwing in and out, before buying another one