Smoked side repeaters/rear lights and black grille questions......

Hi everyone, I'm going to surprise my mate, and get him some smoked/black side repeaters and smoked rear lights for his face-lifted K11.

I would also like to get him a black grille (As his is the chromed version) Do you guys know where I can get some of these things? Or is it easier to "smoke" the lights and paint the grille myself? - was thinking about using Plasti-kote paint, for the grille. It is easy to swap a set of pre-facelift rear lights into the updated Micra? (Have read horror stories about problems with a black sealant when re-installing......)

Cheers : )

You can get them on eBay :)

Cheers again, Karl. Would the ones on ebay be "road legal"? I've seen a lot of the side repeaters advertised, but none of them are for the road. Is the grille just a case of buying one for a lower specced car? Are they easy to fit?

Oh, look what I've found:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-MI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bb9368a7

Would this be quite easy to do with some tinting spray? (I think these are the same as the lights on the facelift K11, right?)

I have a pair of smoked side repeaters, excellent condition. As for the road legal thing... so far have been stopped by Garda on a few occasions, no one complained about them. Well, for the NCT(MOT) I fitted the OEM ones but then once I passed I swapped them. PM me if you're interested.

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/

You can get it here.

It looks like that:

P1090096.JPG

You can get smoked side repeaters here. I've got them and have never been stopped, and they've pass the mot too

Cheers, SK. Are they hard to fit? And how close to the originals do they look, when on the car?

EDIT: Which tint on the Flyeyes site, would match the "Iridium" side repeaters on that link that SK posted? Cheers : )

Cheers, SK. Are they hard to fit? And how close to the originals do they look, when on the car?

EDIT: Which tint on the Flyeyes site, would match the "Iridium" side repeaters on that link that SK posted? Cheers : )

Nope, they're really easy to fit. Just slide out your old ones, place the bulb holder unit into the new repeater and slide them back onto the car. About a 5 minute job :) Although when I did mine they sent me slightly different bulb connectors (for a pre-facelift/mine's a facelift) but I just wired them up using speaker spade connectors and they've worked ever since.

Personally i'd say either of the black variants would look good, I think the variant 1 might be the closest match to the iridium repeaters though.

Nope, they're really easy to fit. Just slide out your old ones, place the bulb holder unit into the new repeater and slide them back onto the car. About a 5 minute job :) Although when I did mine they sent me slightly different bulb connectors (for a pre-facelift/mine's a facelift) but I just wired them up using speaker spade connectors and they've worked ever since.

Personally i'd say either of the black variants would look good, I think the variant 1 might be the closest match to the iridium repeaters though.

Cheers for the excellent reply, SK : )

Back