Clear rear lght mods

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Well i 2 sets of rear clear lights last night and was wondering is there any guides to any mods that can be done to them. Can they be split so i could haze the inner glaze and give a smoked effect like the side repeaters you can buy. Any ideas of help would be great, just dont think them being all clear would suit my car cause ive tinted the headlights and gotten smoked side repeaters. Ideally smoked rear would be nice but not all jet black

might try getting a light smoke tint on them to macth the smoked indicators, dont want a tinted full black job, or i might do the bottom red. Will get rid of one set soon anyway, could do the 2 sets and sell one set then

do what NeX has been trying to do tint the bottom half red and make him jealous :p

my brand new ones arrived today so thats no good :p

might try getting a light smoke tint on them to macth the smoked indicators, dont want a tinted full black job, or i might do the bottom red. Will get rid of one set soon anyway, could do the 2 sets and sell one set then

CAUTION DO NOT TAKE THEM APART!

trust me mate i have distroyed two sets of clear lights trying to take them apart, you have to heat the glue but its impossible, the first time i got it too hot and they melted the seconds ones were too cold and the plastic cracked.

don't spray them with tint spray, if you are gonna tint your rear lights then use stock ones as clear ones are hard to get.

you could always go the route of putting tights round them.... i hate the idea but i have to say it does give a really good effect.

but no there is no way to smoke them.

do what NeX has been trying to do tint the bottom half red and make him jealous :p

i was just about to say that, not the Nex jealous part though lol...seen a few japanese cars with them like that and it looks pretty cool...probably the one thing id do that would make the clears suit my white K11.

i was just about to say that, not the Nex jealous part though lol...seen a few japanese cars with them like that and it looks pretty cool...probably the one thing id do that would make the clears suit my white K11.

hehe yea they are the offical nismo lights that nissan used on their rally cars. i will have a set SOOOON :D :D :D

update

Well i decided to try split them and i done. So here's a few pics, next up is spraying them. Im after a smoked luck, so will rear light tint do? Might split the other set too and do the bottoms read and leave the to clear.........

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

OMFG!!!!!!!!! how?!?! i tried soo hard to do that!!! they are gonna be soo awesome!

BTW one thing you could do, split some UK ones, so that you don't have to mess about trying to get uk holders to fit a jap light. but as for spraying them, its going to be hard as they will probably need hi temp paint...

hope to spray them tomorrow, going for light smoke effect so it will suit the rest of the car. I have one set of holders for the back. Ill seperate the second set then and spray them or just sell them split.... Hope they will work out ok

Back