smoked lights/indicators and the law

B

bal

ive done a search and got no proper answer because people say different things

anyway, is it legal to smoke the rear lights, head lights and side repeaters?
some people say its legal as long as you use proper smoke spray but its illegal if you use spray paint
why is this? isnt it just the same stuff with a different label?

obviously its illegal if you go pitch black, im talking about a light/medium darkness

any replies are greatly appreciated
thanks

ive been told its illegal to have smoked back lights, dont know if this is true tho.. as for side repeaters and head lights i think its the same! as i said dont hold me to it

fraz

Yeah you can smoke rear lights, just make sure you dont spray over the reflector, and dont go too dark. Side repeaters are fine as long as you dont go silly. You can black out your headlights if you wish, but you won't be allowed to drive it at night, tbh it would be best to leave these alone.

Ian said:
Yeah you can smoke rear lights, just make sure you dont spray over the reflector, and dont go too dark. Side repeaters are fine as long as you dont go silly. You can black out your headlights if you wish, but you won't be allowed to drive it at night, tbh it would be best to leave these alone.

oh yea forgot to mention the reflectors ;)

Ian said:
I was just gonna say the solution to that is the crystal black headlights...

128418821_77fec71a60.jpg

But then I forgot they're kinda not road legal in this country too! :blush:
Show use only, honest! :wasntme:

James said:
But then I forgot they're kinda not road legal in this country too! :blush:
Show use only, honest! :wasntme:

well you never know, my mod might work ;) actually thats a lie you will know just as soon as i get my car back lol

NeX said:
well you never know, my mod might work ;) actually thats a lie you will know just as soon as i get my car back lol
If it works you're officially a legend and i'll pay you to do mine :D

James said:
If it works you're officially a legend and i'll pay you to do mine :D

lol well i'll let you know ;) but i think i'll probably end up puting the frosted glass back on so i have just black legal lights and then try and sell the clear glass on and try and make back some of the £500 i've spent messing about lol :D

i blacked out my indicators as much as i could and you could see them easily in the daylight..if they still work o.k they will be fine

danmicra said:
iv seen cars goin around with all the rear light tinted is that an MOT fail?

if there are reflectors somwhere on the back of the car then its ok

probably be asked to remove the tints, and then take the car for an inspection in 7 days.

So hope you have a spare set of tail lights

Sorry, it's just really annoying when people knowingly make their car illegal and not roadworthy.

And then they complain when they get done for them, if you can't do the time don't do the crime

If I hit a parked car that had tinted lights, I'd just say it had no rear reflectors, I couldn't see it. You'd most likely get them in a bit of trouble over it.

Alienfish360 said:
Sorry, it's just really annoying when people knowingly make their car illegal and not roadworthy.

And then they complain when they get done for them, if you can't do the time don't do the crime

youll hear no complaints from me mate

so theres no points or fines that anyones heard of for these lights
thats a releif, if i get asked to remove them i guess ill just buy a set of clear ones

its very true what your saying nex, because everyone is payng a fortune for insurance its effecting peoples honesty

bal said:
youll hear no complaints from me mate

so theres no points or fines that anyones heard of for these lights
thats a releif, if i get asked to remove them i guess ill just buy a set of clear ones

its very true what your saying nex, because everyone is payng a fortune for insurance its effecting peoples honesty

:) i think you'll find that clear ones are ilegal too for the same reson, they have no reflectors

nice catch there nex

ive just had a genius thought ....
what if i replaced my 3rd brake light with a reflector?
or do you need 2 of them

Back