Slow Micra.

Ok, so I'm under no illusion that my 1 litre Micra isn't exactly packing much of a punch in the power department, the quickest me or my Dad have managed is 86 mph but I've been told by a friend that the last 1 litre Mocra he was in was easily capable of a ton. Also my car is very slow to accelerate, again I know that's to be expected but I have to be absolutely flat out, as if I were on the track just to keep pace with other cars doing normal road speed. A friend suggested a software issue in the ECU, can anyone help me? Thanks!

Hi is your Micra completely standard? What year and model is your Micra.

The 1.3 should comfortably hit a ton but the 1 litre not so much (this varies slightly)
I found the 1 litre pretty nippy accelerating in the low speeds

Id be tempted to say a good service with oil and rad flush and good oil is a good place to start and then ask a garage to do a compresion test just to check before spending any real money,
If that's reading ok on compression then you can move on to checling sensors etc, you could ask the garage to check for any error code with may help to tell if any sensors are failing.
If it isnt reading good on compresion then possibly engine rebuild or swap.

The other thing is some good spark plugs with right gapping and check condition of ht leads.

Good luck mate:)

CG10 was fine on the early preface micras as they weighed in at only about 750kg. Later cars took on a fair bulk, and can weigh as much as 850kg-900kg. Then having power steering and air con sapping engine power and a gearbox almost the same as the 1.3 (much longer gears than the preface 1.0 gearbox) leads to massively reduced performance.

Not sure how to reply to each one on here so I'll have to try and nip it all in the bud! It's a 2001 facelift K11, it pulls like a train in first but then that disappears from second onwards, will have a look at spark plugs and probably do an oil change and I'll be sure to let you all know! Thanks for the help!

Not sure how to reply to each one on here so I'll have to try and nip it all in the bud! It's a 2001 facelift K11, it pulls like a train in first but then that disappears from second onwards, will have a look at spark plugs and probably do an oil change and I'll be sure to let you all know! Thanks for the help!
try it with the maf disconnected harry, the bosch maf,s tend to give flatspots when faulty

That's interesting, I've just developed a second flat spot at 4k rpm in second, same as in 3rd. That may be it, mmmmmmm!
Now all I have to do is find it?

Hard to explain but Its like it bogs right down really struggles had this since I removed the dizzy but it's all been lined up again spot on :-( nhow peculiar x

how can you just about hit 80 something?! ive got mine at 110, accelerates slow but if you're foot to the floor its nippy! ive had mine beat a tdi audi off the line before!

Back