skycra

should I put my spare skyline engine in the micra

• Total voters
I woulnt let most mechanics near my car let alone a kid mate. I have seen how most mechanics work.. You can be the best mechanic ever but you wont be able to do engine swaps and what not. They are trained to be fitters and bolt #### on/off. They are not trained to weld anymore or repair stuff. they leave that for motorsport or fabricators..
Obviously never been to a decent independant garage where the majority of them have been involved in motorsport or custom fabrication at some time in their life...Stop going to **** garages and problem solved ;)

Obviously never been to a decent independant garage where the majority of them have been involved in motorsport or custom fabrication at some time in their life...Stop going to #### garages and problem solved ;)
but how many of them garages o you get huggy ;). 99% of garages see micra and bodge it. Garages around where I am are bad except for about 2 motorsport ones.

Not unsupervised I hope ?
And lets hope he wears the right PPE.
il_570xN.76980689.jpg

but how many of them garages o you get huggy ;). 99% of garages see micra and bodge it. Garages around where I am are bad except for about 2 motorsport ones.

Guess I'm lucky...Garage near me have two ex-motorsport mechanics and a custom fabricator/painter :p Average Kwik-fit is naff I'll give you that

Do a fabrication/welding course at college then, only 3 years to wait :)
Regardless how well you weld now, you'll still learn new tricks and get a shot of other types of welding. And the fabrication stuff will be invaluable.

Then you have to be very good and get picked up by a decent place
This is very true and harsh works.
Most places mate just fit stuff and dont bother repairing or custom making stuff.
If I was you I would do few years of mechanics, fabricating course and maybe then you might get picked its more luck. I looking for 5 years for a place like that and never found it. Gave up and became a plumber.

This is very true and harsh works.
Most places mate just fit stuff and dont bother repairing or custom making stuff.
If I was you I would do few years of mechanics, fabricating course and maybe then you might get picked its more luck. I looking for 5 years for a place like that and never found it. Gave up and became a plumber.
Wealthy man alert !!!!!!:p

It's taken me 5 years and hundreds of projects to get where I am today.
Because you take the wheels off a car a couple of times a week won't get you where you wanna go.

It'll take a lot of years hard work and a lot of money laid out to get into a motorsport/ custom build garage
I'd never employ a 13year old or a freshly qualified 16year old. Your ambition to dig in is great but that wont get cars built I'm afraid

Pay dosent matter im doing what I want 2 do and its what my heart has been set on all my life thats how I have a job as a mechanic at the age of 13 coz ive been trying 2 get a job at my grandads garage since I was young and ive helped my dad since I was like 7

plumber is the biggest joke ever mate. so much profit it is unreal! All because you need a license to work on boilers so people charge silly amounts and those silly amounts have now become the norm.
You're telling me, plumbers around here are coining it...good job a couple of my mates are, so mates rates YAY!

flog the skyline, no point assing about with a car like that if you can't drive it.... in the meantime build an autograss or autocross micra with a badass n/a engine, build it in your spare time and you won't spend nearly as much as you would have on buying a skyline... and it'll be ****ing awesome

with the rest of your cash do normal 13 year old stuff. get some special brew and go get smashed in a park with your mates. being a teenager is too short to be spent solely ****ing about with cars.

flog the skyline, no point assing about with a car like that if you can't drive it.... in the meantime build an autograss or autocross micra with a badass n/a engine, build it in your spare time and you won't spend nearly as much as you would have on buying a skyline... and it'll be ####ing awesome

with the rest of your cash do normal 13 year old stuff. get some special brew and go get smashed in a park with your mates. being a teenager is too short to be spent solely ####ing about with cars.
You can get r33 gtst skylines dirt cheap mate.. I still vote he should do something little and not so hard..

Aye, if you haven't got any scars from showing off and an asbo by the time you hit 20 you're doing something wrong...

so you got your name on the log book of one of the skylines. Why not buy a crashed r33 gtst mate they sell for about the same as a flipping micra!

Bike engine would be fun and achievable, also have the added challenge of trying to make it reverse
Some engines you can buy gearboxs with reverse they make them for the bike engined race cars and sell them to the public. cost a pretty penny though.

3k doesnt get you a nice r33 mate. 3k gets you are drift slag r33...

And a big conversion isnt easy by far even a ga16 conversion takes alot of skill.

3k doesnt get you a nice r33 mate. 3k gets you are drift slag r33...

And a bike conversion isnt easy by far even a ga16 conversion takes alot of skill.

Last edited:
Pay dosent matter im doing what I want 2 do and its what my heart has been set on all my life thats how I have a job as a mechanic at the age of 13 coz ive been trying 2 get a job at my grandads garage since I was young and ive helped my dad since I was like 7
Thing is micra racer ... you may not have a job after your last post.
Follow your dream...no problem. But. you are not a fitter, mechanic or welder just yet, long way to go in your working life yet.
When you get your apprenticeship, college courses and so on, that's when you start to really learn the basics.
You really learn when you really start work, however along the way there will be a lot of distractions, beer, beer, beer, and girls among a few, you won't stay on track but will get back on it eventually.
Best of luck from me son, I'm sure your dad has a watchful eye.

Thing is micra racer ... you may not have a job after your last post.
Follow your dream...no problem. But. you are not a fitter, mechanic or welder just yet, long way to go in your working life yet.
When you get your apprenticeship, college courses and so on, that's when you start to really learn the basics.
You really learn when you really start work, however along the way there will be a lot of distractions, beer, beer, beer, and girls among a few, you won't stay on track but will get back on it eventually.
Best of luck from me son, I'm sure your dad has a watchful eye.

It's cider, tis what the youngsters drink, not that you'd know ;)

Its a big project I want I dont want somthing easy I want something that is on the edge of my capabilities or further than my capabilities
Very sorry micra racer, but at 13 you do not have any capabilities that I would trust, or let you trust your life with. Bed for you now I would think - school tomorrow.

I don't know where I stand with this thread.
I've spent the last two years being laughed off car forums. Doesn't matter that I speak like an adult, have a genuine passion for cars and a decent knowledge of them. I wasn't 17, so it didn't matter what I said or did. So I'm kinda backing you and saying just go for it, good luck and all that, because it ain't easy being accepted into a car community.

On the other side of the fence, focus on your studies, don't #### around, keep your head down and get through school. That #### ain't easy anyway.

-17 year old #### for brains

I don't know where I stand with this thread.
I've spent the last two years being laughed off car forums. Doesn't matter that I speak like an adult, have a genuine passion for cars and a decent knowledge of them. I wasn't 17, so it didn't matter what I said or did. So I'm kinda backing you and saying just go for it, good luck and all that, because it ain't easy being accepted into a car community.

On the other side of the fence, focus on your studies, don't #### around, keep your head down and get through school. That #### ain't easy anyway.

-17 year old #### for brains
Well Max .... you stereotype yourself. hella useless and s##t for brains LOL. However, your English is good, and your punctuation is pretty good - well written, and well said. ;)

Back