Acceleration on 1.0 compared to 1.3? (non facelift)

Is the 1.0 a slug compared to the 1.3

• Total voters
How is it? I'm looking to buy a micra very soon and I've only driven a 1.3 and while it's not the fastest car by any standards I really fell in love with how alive it felt when driving it. The engine and the whole driving experience in it was very nice and the car was very "responsive" if you know what I mean. Now I'm looking to buy one, it has to be a pre-facelift. The BHP difference in 1.0 / 1.3 seems quite high for a car like this in my opinion, around 20 bhp difference. That makes me wonder how is the 1.0, on acceleration and overall performance compared to the 1.3? Will I feel a very clear difference like I think I would? Surely around 20bhp must make quite the difference in a car this size?

E: I'm certainly getting one, will it be 1.0 or 1.3 that I don't know. But I've already searched the offerings my country has for me in the lowering springs department and found only 2 I would really consider (both are sold by reputable place and come with TUV certificate for MOT, some others don't) One of the choices is made by Vogtland, the other by G&M. Anyone has any info about said manufacturers that I should know? Coilovers are out of the picture so don't bother suggesting those :p Cutting springs is also very much out of the question. I'm going to take the car to some public track days sometimes next summer and they won't allow that.

Last edited:
0_60 for 1.3 = around 11 sec tuned a little with 1.0 facelift gear box (particular year)

for 1.0 14__16 seconds unmodded

That seems like quite a big difference.. I think I'll just need to be patient and hunt me a 1.3 even tho they're way more rare here. E: how does it do with the original 1.3 box though?

Back