• IMG_228111373600763.jpeg
    IMG_228111373600763.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_20140412_044743.jpg
    IMG_20140412_044743.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 349
Do it!! I think it'll be good to see it done without space framing this time

If you're going 4wd it'll have to hang out the front

Well I bought the micras and put money 2wards the skyline and my dad paid for the rest and I bought the mods and done all the mechanicals myself

I work in my grandads garrage so its 230 a week so I save up for a while and I thought about what im gonna do with the skyline when im finnished I was gonna try and chuck the micra engine in it

I work in my grandads garrage so its 230 a week so I save up for a while and I thought about what im gonna do with the skyline when im finnished I was gonna try and chuck the micra engine in it
230 a week at 13 not bad to say its illegal until you're 16? And at school Monday - Friday

Aye, but you wont be covered by any insurance policies...

But as R-reg says, wear gloves unless you want the rest of your life to be ****e

Have fun with that money now, soon as you get your own place that will soon dissapear on bills and food... not to mention petrol, insurance, road tax etc. You're not rolling in money mate, you're just still a guest at Che Mum & Dad :)

Good on yer son, start a pension as soon as your old enough, I did - and retired at 50.
Got bored a few times and went back to work when I felt like it, now I work 12 hours a week.

What are you going to do use pritstick and pva to glue **** together and attempt to use some saftey sissors you nicked from school to cut the micra apart for the propshaft?

Its a massive job and at 13 mate I dont think you are man enough for the task unless you plan on getting your dad to help aka you pass all the tools and **** to him..

If you are serious about all this mate and take a mature educated attempt Im sure most of us will help you along the way but if you are on here expecting to get spoon fed without searching for any other threads or using mighty google then I and many others wont bother helping. There is a v6 RWD micra and some old threads on german micra forums take a quick google mate you should find something. Give yourself a rough guide to go by.

Jokes? No not safty scissors and pva but an angle grinder and my dads welder ive been taught how 2 weld from the guy in my work
What welder mate? Because engine mounts for an RB and other mounts will need one advance welder and some years of experience to weld.

What plans have you got? Like which rear axle will be used, standard power or even more.
There is in Jap land a PAO with an sr20 det and 200sx running gear aka RWD and that thing is death on wheels mate..

That'll go down well, most people are on here and running micras cos they don't have much money :(

Or is that just me.....although I don't run a micra now :confused:

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4
I run a micra because they're the best. I bought a new car back when, and could now, but no way! not while I can get my hands on these girlies. I trawl ebay all the time looking at the 1.4s and they give them away ... takes me all my time not to buy the lot.
I used to be like that with Jaguars for over 30 years and owned 7 of the beasts, but now MICRA POWER probably to my last breath.
Might buy another for best 'cause mine is heaving dirty all the time, in fact, at this moment, she probably has the best collection of bird shat, green slime, sahara dust, and god knows what else on her. Not telling what the inside is like :eek:

What u mean
Forgive me for maybe sounding a tad dumbfounded

But 13 year olds worry about whether to have coco pops or cornflakes.
Not welder amperages and space framing cars.

I know of no garage that'd let a 13yo near a car simply because insurance is voidand outright illegal. Never mind pay em £230 a week for a couple of hours

Car mechanics are fairly simple once you farmiliarise yourself with the different setups you get on different cars. A rwd conversion requires fabrication skills, which can be taught, but also a level of engineering knowlege like calculating forces in components (especially where space frames are concerned). I really hope you do give it a go, but you need to appreciate how mammoth of a task it is and how much learning there is involved.
Do it, but don't go in half hearted as it will be a long, hard, frustrating slog.
The results will be worth it though.

I woulnt let most mechanics near my car let alone a kid mate. I have seen how most mechanics work.. You can be the best mechanic ever but you wont be able to do engine swaps and what not. They are trained to be fitters and bolt **** on/off. They are not trained to weld anymore or repair stuff. they leave that for motorsport or fabricators..

Car mechanics are fairly simple once you farmiliarise yourself with the different setups you get on different cars. A rwd conversion requires fabrication skills, which can be taught, but also a level of engineering knowlege like calculating forces in components (especially where space frames are concerned). I really hope you do give it a go, but you need to appreciate how mammoth of a task it is and how much learning there is involved.
Do it, but don't go in half hearted as it will be a long, hard, frustrating slog.
The results will be worth it though.
Which is why I say baby steps mate maybe something like a ga or sr.

Its such a huge task I wouldnt even want to attempt it. I do hope you prove us wrong mate because that will shut us up and you will end up with most likely the single most extreme micra about.

Back