Sill Replacement K11 (1996)

My Micra K11 failed on basically Sills (inner/outer) varouis points. Passed on everything else!

As a ball park figure what is replacement panel sills for both offside/nearside to be welded would you think?

I'm based in Hertfordshire.

Thanks

Ok thanks. I'm taking it to a place I heard about locally Saturday. Hoping to still save the Micra!
02ff856f2b7cfeb6a4094c3713a8b0ba.jpg
064e753747af4b7c05fa07316d36e9a8.jpg
692472020a8f61a368f118ea114401c6.jpg
hi my sills cost 18 pounds and took me 3 hours, cutted the inner out and made a 1 inch fold, garage would cost 200 I would say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok many thanks for this. Where did you get your panels from? The cheapest I have found for full sills either side is £49 on EBAY.
I am budgeting for £300 labour for the sills, as I am located in South east.
I am prepared to pay that, as mechanically it's sound.

Ok many thanks for this. Where did you get your panels from? The cheapest I have found for full sills either side is £49 on EBAY.
I am budgeting for £300 labour for the sills, as I am located in South east.
I am prepared to pay that, as mechanically it's sound.
Sheffield parts have sills only 18 pounds each, u can buy a Micra at 300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. However mine is Auto with only 75,000 from new.
I know it's been looked after properly. I don't want to buy another unknown Micra if I can help it.

Exactly re the Auto. My father bought when 1 year old with 3,000 miles on the clock.
I can always get 47 MPG out of it.
Really want to keep it if I can!

Just to give an update. My Micra passed the MOT. Another one saved for another year (& a few more hopefully)!
Had a lot of welding for £250. I felt it was worth saving.
Very pleased to keep it going!

Waxoyl was put in and understill for the outside. Hoping for the sills to last until 2017/8, that is the plan. I won't be doing them again!

Just to give an update. My Micra passed the MOT. Another one saved for another year (& a few more hopefully)!
Had a lot of welding for £250. I felt it was worth saving.
Very pleased to keep it going!

Well done for keeping another K11 on the road !:)
I too have an Auto ;)

I just got my pre face lift CVT auto through the MOT this week. It wasn't cheap at £450. The rear arch required welding and some other bits and pieces such as brakes. Though it's through to Sept 2017 I've been advised the other rear arch is showing signs of corrosion & will require doing next year!

The way I look at it it's been very reliable and the cost of modern days cars with electronics you can run up a meaty garage bill. If I have to pay approx £400 for an MOT each year (welding will probably always require to be done) then good value instead of paying sat £5000 for a decent modern one with depreciation!
Now just need to sort out the re-solding of the throttle body!

Last edited:
Panels for u do German parts, full sills and sill skins, I have a full sill ordered so hopefully they are good. They do arches too tho I hate the quarter panel warping after welding

Last edited:
Panels for u do German parts, I have a sill ordered so hopefully they are good. They do arches too tho I hate the quarter panel warping after welding
Hi mate are you getting sill skins if so be great to see a pic of them thinking of replacing the sill skins on my 1996 SR! B-)

Back