Rear sill protection

Hi all, we all know the k11 has a problem with the rear sills rusting from the inside out. Mines a 3 door and I sat in the rear and removed the inner plastic panel, you can then see the inside of the rear sill. I gave it a spray on both sides with some ACF 50. Only took half an hour. I thought about wax oil but thought that might block the drain holes.

Mine is a 2002 three door with sunroof, i better take a good look at the sills. So the rear ones are accessed by removing a plastic panel, is it much the same for the front? And what then, two drain tubes each side that need rerouting?

andy

Ex. Club Member
extend the drain tubes each side, front and back from the sun roof, drill holes in ya sill for extended tubes to fit through:D easy peasy.

Hi Andy i better get on to that now that the autumn is upon us. May I ask what tubing and connector you used? Though I'm sure I can figure something out once I take a look. Thanks, and sorry Cookie for the minor highjack of your post!

andy

Ex. Club Member
cant remember what size tube i used, it was over 9 years ago :eek: all i did was cut a bit off the end of the drain tube from the sunroof, then went to b&q for some tubing that was a tight fit into the existing bit, lengthen the existing drain tube, drill hole in sill for tube to fit through, cut excess off, repeat other 3 tubes :D

if ya have a search on pollyp,s blog ya will see has done it, infact i got the idea off that :D

andy

Ex. Club Member
k550i-628-jpg.41525
pic of fronts, when sunroof drain tube has been extended, and drilled through sill, same other side.