side lights issue

Hi,

hopefully someone can help.
both front side lights on my micra have stopped working.

initially there used to be a delay of a second or so between the offside and the nearside lights comming on.
then they both stopped working, although the dipped lights and the full beams worked fine.
then on one occasion I had nearside full beam and offside dipped when both lights were meant to be dipped.
i then noticed that the offside front bulb connecter was partially melted. this i replaced.

however the issue of the side lights not working still remains. (dipped and full beam are ok).

any help gratefully received.

Thanks,
Matt

hi matt, some k11,s had a dim/dip system (i assume yours is a k11) there are many headlight threads on here, try a search :grinning:

i've a micra s 2001.

i thought it might be a fuse issue, but as one fuse covers all aspects of the front headlights then i'm ruling this out.

my rear lights are fine.

is there a second fuse box under the bonnet?
i thought there was just the one (inside by the steering wheel)

Sidelight fuse is on the inside, headlamp fuses are in front of the battery.
If your tail lamps are out too check your wiring at the stereo. The lighting feed when the lights are off shows up as an earth, we have had a few using this wire as an earth for the stereo. As soon as the lights are switched on it blows the fuse!

If they are ok and your headlamp fuse (or fuses) are blown check your headlamp bulb plugs haven't melted!

Back